Who is Tucked up for Winter vs running daily?!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh no Ed - is that a shot you have taken in the last few days - you looked all wrapped up yourself when you came in on Friday - very nice to put a face to all your lovely adventures.

Regards Nick

Ps still looks bloody cool even with snow on it.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep your right right there Andy - weather is a bit different up North than the sunny South Coast.

Last edited:

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh no Ed - is that a shot you have taken in the last few days - you looked all wrapped up yourself when you came in on Friday - very nice to put a face to all your lovely adventures.

Regards Nick

Ps still looks bloody cool even with snow on it.

Pretty Wintry scenes up here since yesterday Nick!

Snowy_Dec22_01.jpg

I was great to meet you on Friday, many thanks once again for the selection of little goodies, like an early Christmas for the Trophy!
Always good to put a face to folks on the forum for sure, and a really good chat. I'll call by again sometime, perhaps with the Trophy next time. 🙂 🚗👍

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Trophy is still in the same place (on my driveway) where it broke down a few months ago. I've chock'd it with bricks and it's staying there until I can be bothered to deal with it again. And to think I was going to put it alongside the Porsche in the heated garage for winter. Too bad. It can stay on the naughty step.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Trophy is still in the same place (on my driveway) where it broke down a few months ago. I've chock'd it with bricks and it's staying there until I can be bothered to deal with it again. And to think I was going to put it alongside the Porsche in the heated garage for winter. Too bad. It can stay on the naughty step.
Sounds reminiscent of my attitude towards No. 407 during the Summer & Autumn Andy when it was broken (again) and I was having an interminable wait for parts. Hopefully 2023 might be finally when we can get our cars to behave?! I do live in hope.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh come on Andy, just get a battery on it and put it in the lovely heated garage.. Itl reward you later....
You need to give these cars lots of tlc....Even if it has been a real b4st4rd to you....

It's not just a case of a new battery sadly, Dave. A new alternator is needed as well, and a diagnosis to find out where/why the electrics are messed up. It's cost me thousands again this year and I've nothing to show for it. It was due a respray but had to cancel because it wasn't drivable. I really can't be bothered with it.

Sounds reminiscent of my attitude towards No. 407 during the Summer & Autumn Andy when it was broken (again) and I was having an interminable wait for parts. Hopefully 2023 might be finally when we can get our cars to behave?! I do live in hope.

It does, Ed. I think I've about come to the end of my patience with it, unfortunately.

Please give him a chance like Dave says with a new battery
Sadly it's a deeper-rooted problem than just the battery, Nick. :(

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It does, Ed. I think I've about come to the end of my patience with it, unfortunately.

Sad to read that Andy, but I do find it quite understandable. These cars can be frustrating at times, especially when lavished with copious funds and fettling only to stop working again after what seems like a handful of drives.

Reaction score
Mines the daily and is absolutely filthy and looking rather sorry for its self! I’ll get a pic tomorrow…

My weekend cars a Caterham with no roof/doors/windscreen so not the best in winter, it will come out for a blast if we get a dry day though :)

Reaction score
Back out when I get the chance! Doesn’t go out when there’s salt on the road, but otherwise she’s there to be driven. Also the eagle f1 tyres are pretty pants below 10c

Attachments

• E32B4CE9-D9B6-467A-9C13-95A397120C10.jpeg
    E32B4CE9-D9B6-467A-9C13-95A397120C10.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39