Wheel refurb,ing.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
All this wheel refurbing chat is good, but it hasn't answered my original question...
IE the colour code of the powder coating that's almost thye same as the Ixus paint code.

Hoolio. What did you use to polish up the Renault logos.?
Ive removed the logos from the caps, they just need either replacing,, or polishing up...

I'd like to know that too please?

I think the closest match was Rover stone grey but apparently that is noticeably darker.

Caps, I washed them used a detailing brush with a degreaser and then polished with a finishing polish and soft micro fibre so almost no abrasive action at all. I have to admit I was surprised how well they came up.

Reaction score
does the actual exact colour really matter if you are doing all 4. I have the colour code for wet paint but I don't think that applies to powder coating. I had mine powder coated and have sat the wheel alongside a brand new turini and I can't see a difference. I just asked the powder coated to match the new colour to my original and it seemed to work.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So ashton, do you happen to know the code of the powder coat colour that they used.
Itd be a MASSIVE help, not only to me, but to others that might want to get theres done.
Ive had one set of wheels done, but they have turned out a little bit "bronze" anthracite in colour, rather than the "blue-ish" anthracite of the originals. I think they look good, but there obviously not "correct"....

Reaction score
I don't I'm afraid. I get them done through a motor trader friend. I don't deal with the guy directly. I've had various wheels done in the past. He just collects them and drops them back off and takes £40 a wheel off me!

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. Does anyone have the powdercoat colour of the Trophy Turinis yet?

Reaction score
as you’re in Essex rolling rims did mine recently via alex from aw motorsport & have come back the correct colour. They do a lot of Clio’s for him.