Reaction score
Driving along the A264 on Saturday morning from Tunbridge Wells to East Grinstead with vast amounts of surface water No. 99 was quite 'floaty' at times! :D

It was quite surreal actually, water was cascading down the road and combined with all the leaves the wind had brought down over night the going was rather treacherous!

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
Driving along the A264 on Saturday morning from Tunbridge Wells to East Grinstead with vast amounts of surface water No. 99 was quite 'floaty' at times! :D

It was quite surreal actually, water was cascading down the road and combined with all the leaves the wind had brought down over night the going was rather treacherous!

But obviously nothing which was beyond the capabilities No. 99 and the silver backed one 8)

These wet roads of late do rather change some of the equations don't they, more exploitable in some respects (easier to provoke), but conversely for example the optimum slip angle falls from 12deg to 3deg (I think!) - ie working within smaller margins, the fun of wet driving...

Reaction score
On damp roads No 99 just digs in and goes for it but it was so wet on Saturday that there were a couple of buttock clenching moments! :D

I'd slowed down from my usual cross country pace, but I was still doing 60MPH which might have something to do with it?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you should have tried some of the back roads we were on on saturday afternoon - middle of a forrest road, green in colour. HGV coming the other way on a road barely wide enough for two bikes.

First time you see it is on the apex of a blind bend and he's shifting.... only 3 choices. Aim for the edge - 30ft drop, aim for a head on and hope the airbags work or dive for the gap and pray. the latter did the trick..... that's buttock clenching......

:p