Wanted - Genuine washer blanks

Reaction score
They dropped from £90 a pair down to £52 a pair towards the end of their run.
Laughable for what they are to be honest< and im no stranger to expensive parts lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whats your budget on them ?

I have 2 spare sets on the car but I know what the OE price was and I also know they are rare.
All working fine and greased up so not brittle and in very good condition.

View attachment 25349
View attachment 25350

So Marc did you decide on a price for these? Are you selling both sets? We all know they are rare but we are not mind readers and you must have a figure in mind that you would be happy with?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So what's going on with this? It seems a bit odd to offer a couple of sets, post a link to some crappy copies and then ignore requests for more info???

Or was this just willy waving...............

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
So what's going on with this? It seems a bit odd to offer a couple of sets, post a link to some crappy copies and then ignore requests for more info???

Or was this just willy waving...............

Sorry @hoolio , Dont spend alot of time on forums / the internet these days due to work commitments and long hours.
Im sure you will understand that some people don't have the time to spend all there spare time trawling through forums.

Yes one set would possibly be up for sale but I would be looking at around £80 for the pair.

1, They where £92 from Renault
2, They went obsolete & then the price dropped to £50 but they never had them to sell at that price (I know as I tried to buy 2 sets)
3, They are rare and no one has them
4, If no one likes the price i'm not fussed as they can sit in the garage.

offer a couple of sets,

P.S I never actually offered a couple of sets, I asked what the users budget was, Not saying I have 2 for sale you can have them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A price at last, but "possibly for sale"?
It is Frayz' thread so I will hold my horses. I'd like a set but it was with a view to getting decent copies made (if that's possible) so I'm easy.

Reaction score
Thanks for coming back to me Marc, although unfortunately a little late.

I’ve got a genuine OEM set coming now which cost me £25 delivered.
I’ve also dropped some render/print files with the rapid prototyping area at work.
I’ve not put any pressure on them, but if they get time they could run me a few off and see what they’re like. They’re doing me a favour so I’ll say now, I won’t be having sets for sale.
So either way I have some options.

Rare they may be, but they’re tiny squares of (let’s be honest) crap quality plastic and only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
At £80 a pair mate, they’ll make the wife a lovely pair of earrings ?

Reaction score
The Cup washer blanks arrived today.
As these are notorious for breaking so I’ll fill the thread centres with resin and internally sleeve them.

Just need to decide if I paint these satin black or body colour.

Reaction score
As these are notorious for breaking, I’ve added 2 M3 steel pins to each part and filled the cavities with 2 part Upol polymer resin. The nuts are just standard M14 x 1.5mm so they can also be replaced with nylon items so this should never be an issue again.

Might be worth you boys doing similar if you have them out again. Or risk paying a million quid for a replacement. ?25398

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for coming back to me Marc, although unfortunately a little late.

I’ve got a genuine OEM set coming now which cost me £25 delivered.
I’ve also dropped some render/print files with the rapid prototyping area at work.
I’ve not put any pressure on them, but if they get time they could run me a few off and see what they’re like. They’re doing me a favour so I’ll say now, I won’t be having sets for sale.
So either way I have some options.

Rare they may be, but they’re tiny squares of (let’s be honest) crap quality plastic and only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
At £80 a pair mate, they’ll make the wife a lovely pair of earrings ?

I’m after a pair of these, where did you find them in the end?

Cheers

Coldy

Reaction score
Brilliant thank you sir :)

Apologies for my somewhat abrubt previous reply, I was busy at the time and should have waited to respond. Basically found a lad on Facebook breaking a 172 Cup and I had them off him. Had numerous breakers offer them for the same money when they were next available, just a waiting game I guess if you want an OEM set.