Wanted - 182 Trophy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Currently a MK5 GTI owner, looking to get into a trophy. Have been very tempted by a trophy for the involvement and residuals for a few years now and think it is time to get it done.

On the look out for a one with up to 6k to spend, however could stretch slightly more for the right car. I know at his money I won’t be buying a perfect example but I am looking at buying on condition more than mileage.

If anyone is looking to sell or knows of a car for sale feel free to drop me a PM. I have seen #130 on eBay and may be going to take a look in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good luck and I hope you secure a good one. They don't come up all that often but are like buses - nothing for a while, then 4 or 5 listed at once.

Compared to a Mk5 Golf, they'll feel a little rawer, lighter, sprightly and twitchy but a whole load more fun to drive. The internals are dating a bit - but don't sweat on that, the driving experience is beyond 99% of modern cars once you hit a decent road.

Reaction score
Great that you’re looking into Trophy options, you won’t regret it.

If you’re new to the forum, make sure to check your direct message box for any contact from other forum users.

Best of luck with your search!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My best advice is get a list together of trophy expenses. That way you will have a much better idea or the cars your looking at. An over £2k initial spend can easily be achieved if you but something needing belts/sachs/tyres for example.

Some parts can be a pig to find s/h, some are just 182 clio and some thankfully are just mk2 clio.

Good luck with your hunt

Reactions: GPH

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Happy to help with the expenses run through - i've kept a very detailed log of expenditure on this bundle of joy..

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Currently a MK5 GTI owner, looking to get into a trophy. Have been very tempted by a trophy for the involvement and residuals for a few years now and think it is time to get it done.

On the look out for a one with up to 6k to spend, however could stretch slightly more for the right car. I know at his money I won’t be buying a perfect example but I am looking at buying on condition more than mileage.

If anyone is looking to sell or knows of a car for sale feel free to drop me a PM. I have seen #130 on eBay and may be going to take a look in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Sent you a pm Henry