V-Power Ron?

Reaction score
just noticed today that Shell V-power is 99Ron...didnt it used to be 98ron ? or is it just me? :?:

Reaction score
i know some people are going to turn their noses up at this but i've been using Tesco super since Jan/Feb this year. It makes a noticable difference over any other super in both midrange and top end. Other people i've convinced to give it a try have been impressed too - especially people with turbos. Same octane as V. Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Reaction score
Ah right, a petrol question... thought you looking for a nickname as Solo becomes "VPower Ron" :wink: :lol:

Reaction score
felix said:
i know some people are going to turn their noses up at this but i've been using Tesco super since Jan/Feb this year. It makes a noticable difference over any other super in both midrange and top end. Other people i've convinced to give it a try have been impressed too - especially people with turbos. Same octane as V. Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Yeh I agree, notice a difference using this too and there have been various tests proving it.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Ah right, a petrol question... thought you looking for a nickname as Solo becomes "VPower Ron" :wink: :lol:

Dallas - can you remember what the RON was from that petrol station near Silverstone - 102?!

Reaction score
That's the only problem with Tesco: unless you know from prior visits, you never know if they'll have 97 or 99.

You know a Shell station will have V-Power.

Reaction score
They did a test on 5th gear or some motorshow about high octane fuel a bit ago - BP, V-power, Tesco....if I can remember correctly they said its better to go to a filling station which has a constant flow of people filling up (fuel not sitting there in the tank) because its fresh. I used to use/still do on odd times v-power, but I use tesco most of the time - cheaper and you get the points! 'every little helps' :D