Tyre wall black products.??

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just wondering whats the favoured tyre wall coating the "detailers" among you recommend.
Im just running out of the Meguires stuff that ive had for a few years. I find it works reasonably well, but is there a better alternative on the market.??
Ta Dave.

Reaction score
Megs i stopped using years ago because it flings around the vehicle body. I like the water based ones best.
Gtechniq or Carpro Perl are both superb and dont leave a sticky mess on the tyres thereafter.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I used a gel that i got when I permagarded mine - nearly at the end of the last batch, so will testing some in the not too distant future.

From my research, the Meguiars Endurance Gel is a good budget choice, Car Pro Perl although slightly more expensive is a lot more versatile from what i hear. A water based one like Detailedonline or gyeon tire express are both very good. Gyeon is a decent option but if cost is an issue the Detailedonline one is very easy to use also.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I use Megs Endurance. Never had any issues with fling but tend not to drive until the day after applying.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I am using CHEMICAL GUYS V.R.P. SUPER SHINE DRESSING. It's pretty cheap. Also, it is water based which means it is easy to use. You can even use it on your leather seats.