tyre conundrum

Reaction score
What do you do when you have a blow out on one tyre and there is still at least 50% life left on the other three tyres.
The tyres are EAGLE f1'S and I hate them with a passion.
Is this the excuse I need to get rid of them.
I have another tab open with 4 AD08r's sitting in a shopping basket, I just need a push to get me to click checkout.

Reaction score
I was in a similar position over the weekend. No blow out but four tyres I'm not keen on (Hancook/Pirelli blend, the rears being very worn)...clicked on checkout for a set of four Yoko AD08Rs earlier on and can't wait to get them fitted later in the week!

Just do it if you have the £s available :up:

Reaction score
The goodyear eagle F1 are proper sh*t,noisey like a wheel bearing and rubbish when worn past 50%. The AD08'S are soft so don't expect huge mileage from them but its personal choice again.:up:

Reaction score
In case it's not too late go for the AD08Rs and sell the used tyres on eBay.

A friend of mine has AD08Rs on his Clio and the rears have done 14,000 miles (!)

Reaction score
Buy the AD08R's you want, get the Eagle F1's off as you have lost confidence in them and pop them for sale on Cliosport or ebay.

I Just bought another pair of PS3's for the rear (awaiting delivery). I want a full set of Michelins on mine and the Falkens are worn and just starting to crack so after wheel re-furb these will be on.

Reaction score
Bought.
I can't wait, I am driving on an old set of PS2's right now and the car feels so much better, even though the old rubber is giving me no grip at all you can feel what is going on so much better.

Reaction score
Bought.
I can't wait, I am driving on an old set of PS2's right now and the car feels so much better, even though the old rubber is giving me no grip at all you can feel what is going on so much better.

Good work!!

Where did you buy from? I went with Blackcircles in the end, as I could get fitting included at a place close to work :up:

Reaction score
Bought from tyreleader.com.
£332. £40 to fit at my local fitter.
First impressions, wow.
It almost makes the car feel like it has a diff out of slow corners.
Steering way more communicative, although you feel it tramlining a little more. Not sure you can get one without the other.
Comfort wise I feel no difference.

I think these make the car better than the original pe2's and night and day better than the eagle F1's.

I have not tried the ps3's so I have no comparison.

Reaction score
Strange, just changed from PS3's to F1's and much prefer them in all conditions, particularly the wet. Personal preference I suppose.

Reaction score
First impressions, wow.
Steering way more communicative, although you feel it tramlining a little more. Not sure you can get one without the other.

I think these make the car better than the original pe2's and night and day better than the eagle F1's.

Within a tenner of what I paid for mine fitted :up:

I am also impressed so far, although haven't had a chance to really put any decent heat into them yet. Coming from middle of the road Hancooks on the front and mostly worn P Zeros on the rear, it wasn't going to be hard to bring about an improvement LOL!!

Reaction score
First impressions, wow.

Sorry I'm slow... which tyres are these?