Trophy Wanted - 2020 Rolex Submariner Date offered in PX (unworn)

Reaction score
Still on look out for a Trophy. I thought I’d try a different tack as lots of wanted posts here and majority go unanswered - so offering something in PX that is equally hard to get, equally desirable and likewise a sound investment. I have an unworn 2020 Rolex Submariner Date.

I brought it new, I have all the boxes, paperwork, items that come when purchased and open to any authentication/inspection. I’m known by the supplying dealer and fortunate to get offered watches every couple of years, I brought this in Feb 2020, but it’s been in safe since given outside world, no reason to wear it.

Im on look out for best Trophy I can reasonably find/afford. Trying to miss the crazy dealer speculative mark ups and buy sensibly. Im a past owner and buying to keep.

no scam - I just thought I’d try something different having posted a few wanted posts.

Thank you

Reaction score
I don’t own a Trophy, just a poverty spec 182. My other daily driver is also an 116610LN. 86FF0A86-5710-47B0-A179-696851EF20FC.jpeg

Reaction score
Thank you - I thought I’d offer something interesting .. regular “wanted” ads haven’t brought me much success looking ..??‍♂️

Reaction score
Guessing if it’s a ‘20 model it could be a 126610 or a 116610, What value do you have in mind for it. Accepting it will be more than RRP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guessing if it’s a ‘20 model it could be a 126610 or a 116610, What value do you have in mind for it. Accepting it will be more than RRP.

I’m away from home for a couple of days so will double double check on Monday night but pretty sure it’s the 11, I brought it in Feb ‘20, I think the 41mm 12 launched circa Sept ‘20. Price wise I’m sensible/realistic but would be based on car/deal available.

Cheers

Reaction score
I’m away from home for a couple of days so will double double check on Monday night but pretty sure it’s the 11, I brought it in Feb ‘20, I think the 41mm 12 launched circa Sept ‘20. Price wise I’m sensible/realistic but would be based on car/deal available.

Cheers

yes from that it does sound more likely to be the 11. It’s not an easy one to work a deal on really as everyone knows Rolex RRP, but equally I suppose everyone knows anyone who’s had a Trophy for more than a couple of years paid less than the price they are selling at now. I think as in all such cases it would be a matter of both being happy with the transaction and any balance to change.
Its certainly an interesting proposition from the “investment“ perspective and where in 5 yrs time you would find yourself better off.

Reaction score
Sweet. Steel Subs one of those
Comical moments that it’s worth more the minute you walk out the shop than it did when you just paid for it.

but you flip it at the risk of being black listed by your AD and never getting the chance to buy another at RRP

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yes from that it does sound more likely to be the 11. It’s not an easy one to work a deal on really as everyone knows Rolex RRP, but equally I suppose everyone knows anyone who’s had a Trophy for more than a couple of years paid less than the price they are selling at now. I think as in all such cases it would be a matter of both being happy with the transaction and any balance to change.
Its certainly an interesting proposition from the “investment“ perspective and where in 5 yrs time you would find yourself better off.

Judging by the (advertised) sales just recently I suspect the watch will be the better investment, if not as much fun.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Like I said, they really are very nice and I have to admit this thread has me checking Watchfinders again.

Reaction score
Hey Hoolio, you’re only just up the road from me, I often used to see you in the mornings going the opposite way to me on route to work in your Trophy.. you’re always welcome to drop it off ???

5DCDD925-F252-4D17-A18E-EB55DF1503ED.jpeg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hey Hoolio, you’re only just up the road from me, I often used to see you in the mornings going the opposite way to me on route to work in your Trophy.. you’re always welcome to drop it off ???

I have to admit to giving it more than a second thought, such a beautiful watch but not quite tempting enough. :)