Trophy stickered up for Le Mans

Reaction score
Hello all. Thought you might like to see some pics of the Trophy on its recent trip over the Channel to the Le Mans 24hrs.

Since I was in the company of a pair of black BMWs in matching John Player Special colours I thought I'd better doll the old girl up:

attachment.php

A bit of liquid inspiration to get me and my press-ganged mate started, then some stripes.

attachment.php

Large side decals on next (windy day and resultant swearing not pictured).

attachment.php

The basics of the Clio Cup scheme in place.

attachment.php

Skip ahead a bit and here we are at our campsite at Le Mans. Full decal scheme (and mud) in place.

attachment.php

Turned out to be handy that I parked like this, when my little French hatch had to jumpstart the X5 in front...

attachment.php

Maybe a Rally decal scheme would have been better suited to the mud.

attachment.php

...and back to normal ready for the daily commute.

Le Mans was a petrolhead paradise as always - hope any of you that went had a great time!

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Trophy 2.jpg
    Trophy 2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Trophy 3.jpg
    Trophy 3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Trophy 4.jpg
    Trophy 4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Trophy 5.jpg
    Trophy 5.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Trophy 7.jpg
    Trophy 7.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Trophy 8.jpg
    Trophy 8.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 71
Reaction score
"day" lol. When we've been in the past it's an early ferry out on Thursday and back on Monday. Such an amazing experience, everyone should do it at least once.

Your Trophy looks great, did everything come off ok? I was a little impatient when I removed my 24s and a respray was required to fix the mess, fortunately not the Trophy!

Reaction score
Yes, all the decals came off easily enough - I removed them on a hot day which made the vinyl much more pliable. Just needed a bit of attention with a mesh sponge to remove some small traces of adhesive.

Like you say, we had a ferry across on Thursday and back again on Monday - long days, minimal sleep, but why would you want to sleep when 56 cars and around 30,000bhp are tearing through La Sarthe?