Trophy SERV, ABS and TRACTION lights on

Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone incur an initial light clunk when they pull off for the first time after the car starts. It happens at around 1-2mph as you lift the clutch past the bite.
Initial thoughts of mine were the brakes unsticking. Just interested to know of anyone else experiences this or any ideas?

Also yesterday i was braking pulling up to a junction, heard a similar type of clunk and all these three lights came on. Anyone experienced this or know the issue?

Thanks Hash

Reaction score
Trophy No.
One cuase that I had was the brake light switch under the brake pedal was faulty ...... pulling the end out, refitting and pressing brake pedal (see better explanation via google :)) also helped.

However, I too get these lights (sometimes) when I first turn on the ignition and start the car. If I turn off and restart then they go out .... possible ABS Sensor issue ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had this on mine. Started intermittent and then was on constantly. Turned out to be both rear abs sensors. Scanned as the offside first. replaced that. rescanned and the near side was also faulty. I made a thread a few down the list with it all in there with links and part numbers etc.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys

Does anyone incur an initial light clunk when they pull off for the first time after the car starts. It happens at around 1-2mph as you lift the clutch past the bite.
Initial thoughts of mine were the brakes unsticking. Just interested to know of anyone else experiences this or any ideas?

Also yesterday i was braking pulling up to a junction, heard a similar type of clunk and all these three lights came on. Anyone experienced this or know the issue?

Thanks Hash
I've noticed something similar in terms of clunking, thought it maybe an issue with the clutch or gearbox, but both have been replaced in the last 2 years, so started thinking it may be gear linkage.... does it sound mechanical?

Reaction score
I've noticed something similar in terms of clunking, thought it maybe an issue with the clutch or gearbox, but both have been replaced in the last 2 years, so started thinking it may be gear linkage.... does it sound mechanical?
yeah it does sound mechanical. im on 80,500 miles with the original gearbox and clutch.

Reaction score
Had this on mine. Started intermittent and then was on constantly. Turned out to be both rear abs sensors. Scanned as the offside first. replaced that. rescanned and the near side was also faulty. I made a thread a few down the list with it all in there with links and part numbers etc.
much appreciated, will have a look at the thread