Trophy Sales on Collecting Cars

Reaction score
I sold my MK4 R32 daily (and track DC5) shortly before buying my second Trophy (119) as a one car garage.

The R32 is a fantastic car; sounds great, all weather traction, no scrabbling, hugely bolstered seats and rare; the mk4 has a lot of character. Mine had some work done and made 276bhp at Stealth Racing; spent loads on the suspension and it handled a bit better but I craved the lightness and adjustability of the Trophy. I'd bought the Haldex insert plug that switches it to permanent 50:50 front:rear drive to make it more oversteery (£50 versus £500 for a potentially water damaged blue controller that does the same!) but sold it before fitting.

Both great cars! I tested a mk7.5 Golf R DSG today; too much power and technology for me just driving on the road. A bit like the mk5 R32 I had (that was standard) you had to be going too fast for the driving to feel special/interactive. I had more fun driving there and back in my ZC32S Swift Sport!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gone live today Guys - hopefully another happy purchaser joining the Trophy forum soon.
Made 11k plus fees.
Thinking the lack of evidence for cam belt/Dephaser change may have pegged it back a bit.
Good buy for a long term owner as she looks in great condition.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I really thought it might have pushed on at the last minute due to it looking a very nice car.

However you may be right Andy with your comments above.

Not a great time to sell before Christmas in my view but you just never know.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My prices were askew, it looked as though it would go higher. Did the other Trophy slow it down plus the current inflationary period?
CC nearly have 1 Trophy per week which hardly makes them scarce.

Reaction score
Any ideas for the reasons,economy,cost of living increases,time of year,other priorities etc...

Have sales of enthusiast and performance cars slowed down in general?

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Any ideas for the reasons,economy,cost of living increases,time of year,other priorities etc...

Have sales of enthusiast and performance cars slowed down in general?

In my view Francis I’d say the Job is slowing down on unnecessary vehicle purchases - I buy loads of cars from the Motorway site every week and there is a lot of heavy tackle on there every day at the moment.

Ferrari - Porsche - McLaren - and electric cars for fun that nobody wants now.

Lets see what happens in January as it’s one of the strongest used car months of the year to see if purchases/prices bounce back.