Trophy Price

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Believe the one on eBay that had a potential engine failure has sold for £5,500

There is also number 396 popped up for £8250 with 102k

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Currently debating what to do with mine , done 50 ish miles in last 2 years hasn’t moved since I moved to new house in august last year , needs a good clean , currently running on 3 suspected dodgy plug from moisture . 1 owner from new circa 50k miles always serviced myself so no history other than first service and belts change at Renault garage. Sachs need doing , (reason I stopped using it), has some scratches where other cars have dinged it and my mountain bikes scratched back bumper when on rack, not sure whether to put money into it to mint it up or sell as ,is not sure if the investment warrants the reward

Reaction score
If you want a big number I would get the sachs done yourself. Perhaps a service a a decent place. Brand new MOT etc. That might be a big investment but not knowing how big the Sachs bill will be for a buyer does count against what sounds like a tasty tidy up. I would imagine the flippers will already be messaging you.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whatever you do you will be needing to spend. Full major service is due on these and those Sachs are going to need doing if you are going to have a car to enjoy or face a lowball offer if you are to sell as is. So £600-700 for the Sachs and about the same(?) for a full service with genuine parts. If you were to then take it to a good shop to get a full detail. So for an outlay of maybe £2k you should have a £12/13k car.
And yes the flippers will be calling.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Prices are definitely on the rise again. I'd estimate the average price has crept up £2-3k since last year.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Prices are definitely on the rise again. I'd estimate the average price has crept up £2-3k since last year.

I’m really going to have to disagree with you there Cue, the numbers just don’t back that up. Apart from the odd one or two I’d say that prices are pretty static and don’t seem to have moved much for almost two years.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whatever you do you will be needing to spend. Full major service is due on these and those Sachs are going to need doing if you are going to have a car to enjoy or face a lowball offer if you are to sell as is. So £600-700 for the Sachs and about the same(?) for a full service with genuine parts. If you were to then take it to a good shop to get a full detail. So for an outlay of maybe £2k you should have a £12/13k car.
And yes the flippers will be calling.
I was just thinking of cutting my losses and getting shut , I have access to 2 other vechiles anyways a classic campervan and my Mrs fiesta which we are going to swap up for a 335d touring for 2 kids and a dog

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was just thinking of cutting my losses and getting shut , I have access to 2 other vechiles anyways a classic campervan and my Mrs fiesta which we are going to swap up for a 335d touring for 2 kids and a dog
That’s fair enough, in that case speak to James-Gonein60seconds above. I’m sure you can sort something between you.

Reaction score
If you are thinking of selling the car it would be great to see it going to someone like gonein60seconds.

I think it will be in good hands there ?
I dont know him either but reading his other posts,he will look after it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be interested to see if I've lost out on mine much.

Mine was the first one on collecting cars, I think I paid £7k + premium (might have been £7.5k+ I really can't remember as it was a year ago now) and in that time I've already spent a fair bit on it. It's high mileage at 122k, but it's had just about everything done and has some nice mods, including catcams, ported/flowed head and manifold, custom exhaust, snappy wheel etc.

I bought Speedline 2118's for it pretty much straight away to preserve the mint Turini's due to rarity. It's also got Recaro buckets so my trendlines are in the attic in mint condition. Currently, the car is used as a third car with the occasional trackday so isn't looking like an original example. I have all the bits to put it back to standard(ish) though, and I'd wager that it's in better cosmetic and mechanical condition than a lot of the low owner/low mileage cars out there.

In my year of ownership it's had the belts and dephaser done (Diamond Motors), coolant flush, upgraded brake fluid, power steering leak fixed and new fluid, 2x oil changes at 500 mile intervals and I'll probably get the gearbox done in the near future.

It needs the aircon reinstating (the condenser was removed but everything else left in situ so a crap mod really), the cracked flocked A pillar trims replacing (I have the originals that are going back on) and ideally some paint to the bonnet and bumper, especially as a large stonechip has started bubbling. In all that's probably another £1k or so, so the car will probably stand me at £9.5k ish all in.

If I wanted out of it I guess I could remove and sell the Recaro's as they're worth a fair bit for JDM stuff and the 2118's always seem to go for strong money, then put the car back to standard and stick it back on CC with the details of all the additional pampering its had under my ownership. I don't think I'll ever let this one go though, I just need more space to store my growing car collection as I don't really want it sat outside for another winter!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmmm, yes but good ones have been at that price for a while now. It seems pretty static to me, apart from the fight over the one on CC that is And without Forbes that would have stalled much earlier. There doesn’t seem to have been a rush to sell after that, the two on eBay have not moved for weeks (one now withdrawn and reduced) the other CC car actually sold at a loss to the seller several months after they bought it there. The Ktec one? Forbes‘ very nice one didn’t sell. There seem to have been a couple on here that have sold but at what price and also James has offered the Rolex (£12k?)for one but that will need to be a pretty good example.

My very nice one was only advertised for a couple of weeks with the dealer friend of mine before I took it with me when I relocated to the highlands.

Its currently sat in storage with the rest of my cars. Not got round to doing anything with it yet.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone got a clue where the prices are going in 2022 - they seem to be bouncing around all over the place at the minute due to a wide variance of mileages / Condition / build numbers - for a car with only 500 made in the uk they seem to come up very regular

Reaction score
People who arnt really arsed about having a trophy but have one because they where cheap fun are cashing in if imagine because the prices are up

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nightmare at the minute for normal stuff - what goes up must come down ???

Cost of living / Fuel prices /. War - This year will be tuff for the Motor-trade but there are always opportunities in a slower market

Reaction score
Nightmare at the minute for normal stuff - what goes up must come down ???

Cost of living / Fuel prices /. War - This year will be tuff for the Motor-trade but there are always opportunities in a slower market

It’s an interesting dynamic, cap is all over on the nearly new stuff, folk who can’t get a new car are holding onto what they have or cashing in for daft (but softening) money. Against that is the increasing fuel cost of running things like ML’s Range Rover etc. you could end up badly on the wrong side of things if you’ve bought a RR at top money. So do we start looking at the 3yr old + market. Who knows