Trophy Info

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Was thinking of taking a drive up the road to have a look at this car.... pretty sure there's only 3 Trophy's in West Yorkshire (mine, another which a lady drives, which I've spotted a few times and this one, which I've not seen about for years....) but it may be a different Trophy of course.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi folks, I've just made a few minor updates to TrophyTracker. It can now support images for each car. To see it in action, feel free to search for my Trophy - 165 - and you should see a couple of images at the bottom of the record entry. If you have an image or two for your car that you would like to share then you can simply contact me with the link(s) to the image(s) and I'll grab them. I have deliberately steered clear of allowing users to upload images directly to my server!

Either send me the links through this site, or by entering the links into the 'Additional Notes' fields on the contact or submit page via TrophyTracker itself.

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi fellow Trophy Owners and enthusiasts,

I've just updated the TrophyTracker website. Due to cars changing hands, new cars appearing on the register, new owners, etc. the data contained on that site may be stale (out of date). If you would like to contribute updated information then please feel free to contact me through the website (or by posting on this thread).

In an ideal world it would be great to have a register that matches VIN numbers to Trophy number (there's no way of identifying a particular Trophy other than the sticker on the seat base!)

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another day, another update to TrophyTracker. There have been a few tweaks on the 'Find' page and I have also introduced a new Timeline feature. I'm not sure how useful that will be (it's work-in-progress) as it is only really as good as the data in the database. It will also take ages to build up and enter that timeline data... :ROFLMAO:

Only a few cars have any timeline information of note at the moment. To see it in action you can visit the website and 'Find' my trophy, number 165.

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine (259) and my brother's (308) are both located in north west England. The standard bits (recaros, sachs, turinis etc) are present on both cars. The only modifications are the exhaust systems (I have a Yozzasport and he has a Scorpion RS192)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another day, another update to TrophyTracker. There have been a few tweaks on the 'Find' page and I have also introduced a new Timeline feature. I'm not sure how useful that will be (it's work-in-progress) as it is only really as good as the data in the database. It will also take ages to build up and enter that timeline data... :ROFLMAO:

Only a few cars have any timeline information of note at the moment. To see it in action you can visit the website and 'Find' my trophy, number 165.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy,

I've been trying to work out the new 'timeline' section of the site, but when I click on it here it just takes me to a blank grey screen..?

It's probably me doing something wrong..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Andy,

I've been trying to work out the new 'timeline' section of the site, but when I click on it here it just takes me to a blank grey screen..?

It's probably me doing something wrong..
Hi Ed,

Thanks for the feedback and highlighting this issue. Can I please ask how you are viewing the site? For example, are you on a mobile device, tablet or computer/laptop? If on a mobile or tablet, can you please confirm whether it's iOS, Android or something else?

Don't worry - I'm pretty sure it's not you! It's more likely a bug somewhere that I've missed. Cheers! It should look something like this:

(e.g. PC/laptop)

tt-timeline01.png

(e.g. Mobile)

tt-timeline02.png

EDIT: Oh, can you please also try refreshing the screen? I'm wondering if it might be a caching issue. Thanks!

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Andy, the timeline feature looks great on the screenshots you've put up. A really great idea! ?

However just tried again on both macbook, and iPhone both running a slightly older iOS.

I think the issue seems to be switching the timeline on with the button, it just says 'no' and when clicked just goes to a blank page, see screenshot below:

IMG_9891.PNG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hmm, ok - gosh darn it! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for taking the time to report the problem back to me, Ed. I'll take a look as soon as I can and try to figure out what is going on. It appears to work across the devices I have available here for testing (but I'm missing something! Somewhere!) I'm on the case...

:unsure:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@photo_ed I've made a few updates - I would be grateful if you could please give the new version (v 1.5.1) a go at a convenient moment? Thank you sir. :) Trying to narrow down the issue (and moved over to slider switches instead of toggle buttons!)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
@SharkyUK No problemo, happy to help de-snag it for you. Now with the updated slider, this does work in terms of switching the section to an 'on' but as soon as its switched, the screen again just goes to a blank grey screen, which when refreshed takes me back to the search page.

IMG_9892.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks, Ed.

It's got me baffled...! :unsure: I've made a few more changes but I suspect they won't make any difference. The data is being received by your device (hence it knows there are 10 entries available) so it (the issue) is seemingly due to some sort of display gremlin.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
@SharkyUK Ah, that's a shame I can't view on my devices, it's the sort of info I find quite interesting with regards to vehicle histories etc. If you wouldn't mind, I have the timeline info compiled for #407, would it be possible at some stage to add it to the site if I email it across to you. Cheers! ? ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@SharkyUK Ah, that's a shame I can't view on my devices, it's the sort of info I find quite interesting with regards to vehicle histories etc. If you wouldn't mind, I have the timeline info compiled for #407, would it be possible at some stage to add it to the site if I email it across to you. Cheers! ? ?
Don't worry, Ed... I'm not giving up just yet! I'll keep plugging away as I develop the software further. A fix can't be too far away! Also, no problem at all regarding the additional information you have compiled for #407 - any and all contributions are most welcome.

One of the items on the TrophyTracker roadmap is for an enhanced Metrics view. I'm hoping to be able to provide a means whereby the user can take a deeper look at the dataset as a whole, perhaps being able to recognise trends and suchlike. We shall see. That's a fair bit of work and my time is often limited!

That said, I'm already seeing some interesting patterns just from developing and maintaining the Tracker. It's surprising how many cars have been exported to other shores. It's also quite interesting (worrying?) at just how many have been written-off and scrapped. At this point in time, the data trend would suggest that approximately 10% of Trophys have been scrapped.