Trophy Info

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Really quite interesting, not as many total write off's as I expected but a lot of cars with heavy(?) damage seem to have been put back on the road.
My thoughts, too - I believed there to be more total write-offs (although there could be many more we don't know about). It's great to see that there are Cat C/D and stolen/recovered examples out there and being enjoyed. :)

418 is in Tyne and wear and I have been updating it's register.
Thanks mate - I'll keep an eye on the register thread. Cheers!

I have number 409, owned since January 2017 from memory.. I haven’t posted much on here around the history but happy to share the latest and recent updates. My car has just had its cambelt done, service, alternator and due an mot tomorrow.

still going strong at 130k miles
It's good to hear that 409 is still going strong and being enjoyed. :) If you are happy to share information then that would be great - thank you. When you have a convenient moment then either post the information here, send me a message or use the contact form on the site - whichever is most convenient for your good self. The information I'm looking for is listed in the first post of this thread.

Good luck with the MOT! :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks to those who have contacted me with updated / new information, greatly appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Just updated the website via the contact form with trophy number 409 details.

car passed its mot @129,892 miles and going strong. Cambelt, alternator, water pump and full service just completed by local renault independent.

next job is to drive it more in 2020 after less than 2k in 2019. Not sure my car likes being stored in a garage and not driven.

then going to get the gearbox end casing, and front wishbones done in March.

thanks

Pete

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Andy, I've been checking out the site, a handy new resource. I'll send over some further details about No. 407 in due course.

Hope all's well with yourself and you've had a good Christmas.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Andy, I've been checking out the site, a handy new resource. I'll send over some further details about No. 407 in due course.

Hope all's well with yourself and you've had a good Christmas.
Hello there mate!

Thanks - I'm hoping it might prove to be a useful resource as it matures and - hopefully - builds into a meaningful data set. Any information you are willing to share about 407 will be welcomed and greatly received.

Yes, I'm very well thanks and hope you are in fine health and good spirits too. Apart from my dear father ending up in hospital on Christmas Eve (and now having him and my mother staying with me for a couple of months!) all is going smoothly! Hahaha! All the best for the New Year and looking forward to catching up again soon... or at The Weekender if not before!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hmm, a thought...

@Cue kindly made a suggestion to me earlier that I think is a really good idea. For some daft reason Renault thought that it would be enough to identify a specific Trophy by adding nothing more than a seat sticker. This, obviously, was far from ideal. Perhaps it would have been better to record the Trophy number against its chassis number?

That's exactly what Cue suggested and I think it makes sense. Of course, it would be entirely up to the owner as to whether or not they would want to share that information but I am certainly more than happy to do that for my own car. Maybe we can then build up a data set that links Trophy number to chassis and rules-out potential conflicts, etc. As Cue pointed out, there have already been conflicts in the past due to numbering inconsistencies and potential duplications, etc.

I'm going to go ahead and add another field to the data set for chassis number.

Cheers,
Andy

Reactions: GPH

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hello there mate!

Thanks - I'm hoping it might prove to be a useful resource as it matures and - hopefully - builds into a meaningful data set. Any information you are willing to share about 407 will be welcomed and greatly received.

Yes, I'm very well thanks and hope you are in fine health and good spirits too. Apart from my dear father ending up in hospital on Christmas Eve (and now having him and my mother staying with me for a couple of months!) all is going smoothly! Hahaha! All the best for the New Year and looking forward to catching up again soon... or at The Weekender if not before!

Happy New Year Andy!

Sorry to hear about your folks! I hope things improve for your Dad soon. All's fine with us here apart from probably working too hard..

I'll send over some further details about 407 when I get chance, it will probably be next week some time. Look forward to seeing yourself again, as you say, maybe the Weekender or perhaps before. All the best, Ed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a heads-up - TrophyTracker now has a new website address.

Many thanks for the submissions and updates. :)

Reactions: Cue
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The TrophyTracker has been updated and now has a 'Submit' page whereby you can provide information about your Trophy should you wish to do so.

Cheers :)

Reaction score
The TrophyTracker has been updated and now has a 'Submit' page whereby you can provide information about your Trophy should you wish to do so.

Cheers :)

i have found a guy who has the Recaros out off Trophy No 056 in his 182 some i am assuming it doesnt have them anymore

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The TrophyTracker has been updated again and now allows you to search for a Trophy by registration plate (on the Find page).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another TrophyTracker update. Added support for searching by VIN on the Find page. Changed the user interface slightly as well to make things a little more user-friendly.

Reactions: Cue
Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated (version 1.3.3). Fixed a few issues and added a few simple metrics based on the data held.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on this ?

1FD2EF30-FF5B-47B0-A11D-5E0AFCFE7CB3.jpeg

Reaction score
Been wondering where I left that!

Surely if the fella's mate has tried to but it a few times, then he knows who the owner is, so what other information would he need?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Are you being serious? It's a red clio...... No number plate to search by or trophy number, how do you expect anyone to know anything about it?

Cause someone might have known the area or car, Seen it, Heard about it , walked or drove past it.
Someone might have sold it to someone in the area or tried to buy it in the past or enquired about it.

Reaction score
I guess cos if it’s been sat for years it might have low miles and be worth throwing money at for a flip. Or it might be a total 150k Moldy shed that doesn’t run and is track car material at best.

shame with either way but someone else’s property so really nobody’s business I guess.

there is a Cumbria V6 isn’t there mark that’s even more buried than that. “Get off my property” shotgun owner type.