Trophy Info

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wasn't sure whether or not to post this as I expect there may be differing views and opinions as to whether or not it's a good thing... Let me explain.

This website is a fantastic resource for information pertaining to these awesome little cars. One of the best sections, I feel, is the Trophy Owners Register. Many people have used it to maintain car histories and - I'm sure - many have used it to find out more information about potential purchases. The biggest problem I see with it is that the information isn't necessarily up-to-date and, being simple forum post-based, it doesn't necessarily provide the information you need 'at-a-glance'. Of course, the 'freshness' of the data will always be an issue as this is very much driven by the owners and community; the more owners update their respective section the better (or, indeed, community members post up details about for-sale threads, etc. they have seen for a specific Trophy).

Some time ago a post was made asking where Trophys were currently located. Nothing too precise, just the county (or principle area). I put this information together as a fun project and a few people replied. I shared this information as it was kinda cool (well, I thought so!)

Over time I have gathered certain bits of information and used it for a small home-brew project. The information used was purely gathered from this site or from other freely available sources. As a result, the data is sparse and does not provide anything that could be used to directly identify individuals. This was important because of the whole issue of privacy and identity protection. That was why only publicly available information was used. The data collected included (where known):

• Trophy Number
  • Date of Registration
  • County (or Principal Area)
  • Country
  • Original Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM)
  • Last Known VRM
  • Last Known Mileage
  • Date of Last Known Mileage
  • Additional Notes
  • Has it been scrapped?
  • Sachs Dampers present?
  • Recaro Trendlines present?
  • V6 Spoiler present?
  • Trophy Turinis present?
  • Link to Owner Register here on ClioTrophy.co.uk

In a nutshell... I put this into a small website project and was wondering whether or not it would be something worth sharing? Would it be useful? As said before, the freshness of the data cannot be guaranteed (and this is stated on the site) but I would be happy to keep it as up-to-date as possible through community contributions or continuing to pull the data from the site (which is a manual and time-consuming process!) At a glance you can bring up information for a specific Trophy, find out if it has been scrapped, find out if it has dampers, link directly to the history thread on here, etc.

It is not designed to replace the existing Trophy Owners Register at all as that is still, in my opinion, the best place to go for deeper histories, etc. To finish, I am in no way affiliated with ClioTrophy.co.uk and this is a non-commercial project! I did it purely for fun and it went from there! The site and associated database is hosted on my personal webspace and does NOT contain sensitive information - only what I listed above. I am the only user with access to the data and source, too.

Thoughts? I would be happy to post the link.

EDIT: Here's an example using my own Trophy #165.

Reaction score
I think it’s a great idea.
As you say as long as it’s only information that is already available online there should be no GDPR issues.

Could possibly add in current MOT / Tax status?

Will happily add my trophy details when I pick it up [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it’s a great idea.
As you say as long as it’s only information that is already available online there should be no GDPR issues.

Could possibly add in current MOT / Tax status?

Will happily add my trophy details when I pick it up [emoji6]
Thanks for the feedback / reply. :)

Some of the information gathered has been through the freely available MOT / tax check. I had looked into retrieving this information automatically by connecting to the DVLA website but, whilst the information is free to view, it is not free to access for third party vendors. As a result I would have to pay a monthly subscription (which I cannot justify unfortunately)! It is easy enough to add MOT and tax information though...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, I'd like to see it but suspect opinions might be split depending on whether you are a buyer or seller and whether the car is hiding any secrets or not :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, I'd like to see it but suspect opinions might be split depending on whether you are a buyer or seller and whether the car is hiding any secrets or not :)
Indeed - and that is ultimately the dilemma! I'm all for transparency and honesty, but I'm not an unscrupulous seller trying to milk money out of unsuspecting buyers...! :ROFLMAO:(y)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
One of the advantages of a little database such as this is that if the information is being mined from several different sources it is more likely to flag inconsistencies.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m happy to share any information you require about Trophy #266, if it helps. I haven’t posted any information about #266 in the forums register, some of the information and history about it has been shared within posts and threads on the forum and it’s likely that some day it will be lost. I do have my own personal collection of photos and information which I can share to any potential buyers but I don’t publicly post all of this information as I have no intention to ever sell it. The amount of time and money I’ve invested into it over the years adds an amount of personal value to it that the market would not accept.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
One of the advantages of a little database such as this is that if the information is being mined from several different sources it is more likely to flag inconsistencies.
Yes - that's a fair point and hopefully would be the case. :)

I’m happy to share any information you require about Trophy #266, if it helps. I haven’t posted any information about #266 in the forums register, some of the information and history about it has been shared within posts and threads on the forum and it’s likely that some day it will be lost. I do have my own personal collection of photos and information which I can share to any potential buyers but I don’t publicly post all of this information as I have no intention to ever sell it. The amount of time and money I’ve invested into it over the years adds an amount of personal value to it that the market would not accept.
Thank you, that would be great. :) It would be nice to have (at least) some sort of recorded history for each Trophy, even just basic information as I'm suggesting. I absolutely get where you are coming from in terms of your own situation and I expect that is the case for many others on here, too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I update mine on an annual basis but am happy to share any information for your project :)

I have a pretty clean example though, not sure if owners with less history would feel as comfortable but we will see

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I update mine on an annual basis but am happy to share any information for your project :)

I have a pretty clean example though, not sure if owners with less history would feel as comfortable but we will see
Thank you :)

It will be interesting to see whether or not folks are comfortable sharing their information (or not). Obviously there are no 'dark' or sinister reasons for doing it; it was just a 'cool and fun thing to do'. As a potential buyer I would be interested in knowing if a Trophy had, for example, been stolen and recovered or written-off and repaired. As an owner I would also be happy to share that information too. As I've put my data set together I have made notes where specific cars have been scrapped, written-off then repaired, stolen and recovered, etc. I've always been a fan of honesty and transparency!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Being a very limited run car model, I think this would work wonders - especially if criminal elements knew that each car was traceable.

It's not like it could be cloned to another car with ease as most people with Trophys can spot one a mile off.

I'd be happy to share, how would this be open though for everyone to have access?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Being a very limited run car model, I think this would work wonders - especially if criminal elements knew that each car was traceable.

It's not like it could be cloned to another car with ease as most people with Trophys can spot one a mile off.

I'd be happy to share, how would this be open though for everyone to have access?
Good points mate, thank you.

One of the reasons [that I forgot to mention] for also putting this project together was due to the fact it might, as time goes on, become increasingly difficult to tie a given example with its unique number. Why Renault did not link number to VIN I do not know... I mean, a seat sticker?!?! :eek:

In terms of access for people to view, it is a simple website that I've already put together and is working. It is a work-in-progress but works across desktop/laptop and handheld devices (I hope). As to who has access to edit the data, yeah - that is one to potentially discuss. Right now I am more than happy to carry on as 'custodian' for want of a better word. It is easy enough for me to update the data as and when I receive it and, of course, I don't have any hidden agenda should folks be happy for me to maintain it. If it proves too cumbersome for one then I may extend the project with secure and authenticated login to allow trusted editors access to add/update the database.

Cheers (y)

Reaction score
Sounds like a great way of keeping even the most basic of information together for future owners/buyers.

No doubt there is a lot of information out there already,on this site in particular but as others have said its probably all over the place on different threads etc.

Best of luck with it ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds like a great way of keeping even the most basic of information together for future owners/buyers.

No doubt there is a lot of information out there already,on this site in particular but as others have said its probably all over the place on different threads etc.

Best of luck with it ?
Thanks! Yup, more than a little bit of detective work has been needed this far and I am pretty sure there will be a few mistakes that need rectifying or clarification.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if you message Nik, it may be something that could be tied to this database via an excel spreadsheet. not sure since we moved platforms on how this could be embedded though.... Nik could know though??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if you message Nik, it may be something that could be tied to this database via an excel spreadsheet. not sure since we moved platforms on how this could be embedded though.... Nik could know though??
Possibly mate - I'm not at all familiar with the XenForo forum platform. Ultimately anything is possible but I think it comes down to whether or not it is worth the investment of time, etc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
In fact, I think I'm going to share the link to what I've got so far. It is an ongoing project and improvements and fixes will be made over time. I'm hoping the website works ok across different devices (I've tested on a few devices).

Feel free to take a look and if you are aware of any errors / omissions (perhaps with your own vehicle) then I'm happy to amend as needed.

To use it:
In the 'Find' section simply enter the number of the Trophy you are interested in.
In the 'Location' section, tap/click the 'Refresh List' option to view information about known Trophys.

That's it really for now. Give me a shout if you have problems.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Really quite interesting, not as many total write off's as I expected but a lot of cars with heavy(?) damage seem to have been put back on the road.

Reaction score
I have number 409, owned since January 2017 from memory.. I haven’t posted much on here around the history but happy to share the latest and recent updates. My car has just had its cambelt done, service, alternator and due an mot tomorrow.

still going strong at 130k miles