Trophy exhaust options

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, my T has a Scorpion exhaust which was fitted by a previous owner in 2013, and I'm pretty sure that the weld has cracked between the centre silencer and the pipe.

I noticed that Scorpion have updated the design of the centre section to include a flexi joint, and reduce the risk of cracking. So I was considering buying a new Scorpion centre section and just replacing that. However it seems strange that Scorpion need to include a flexi joint whereas none of the other systems do, neither did the standard Renault one. I'm wondering whether this is just covering up poor fit or poor weld quality? I like the fact that the Scorpion is failrly quiet, and so an alternative option could be to get rid of the Scorpion and go for the KTR/Janspeed system instead, which I have read is also very quiet.

Has anyone got recent experience of the KTR/Janspeed system, or any other quiet ones for that matter, which you'd recommend?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes, they look nice, and £540 for the cat back option isn't too bad. You have to find somebody to weld the cat exit cone on though.

Reaction score
Hi is that the cat restriction mod They sell.Im going decat as it didn't cause any more loudness on a 172 system.Just mote throaty,Nick is very helpful imo

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, that's the cat restriction mod.

But clearly doesn't apply of you're going de-cat. I'm keeping the Renault cat on mine.

I've not spoken to Nick (or anyone) at PMS but it looks like they do lots of nice stuff for the Clio 182.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My old Scorpion system cracked in exactly the same place. I had the centre section replaced under warranty without any fuss but I sold it not long afterwards. The tailpipes would move once hot and melt the rear exhaust cutouts. Perhaps the flexi joint will prevent that from occurring.

It’s one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts you can get so you may have to accept a bit more noise if you replace it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Luckily, my tail pipes are really central in the cut outs and I’ve not had a problem with the surrounds melting.

Although I can’t get mine done under warranty as I was not the original purchaser, Scorpion have offered a new centre section for a really good price so I might go for that to keep it quiet.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Certainly be a lot cheaper than a new system. If you’re happy with the system and want to keep it quiet it’s definetly the way to go.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It sounds like you're likely staying with Scorpion but I will add that I had an exhaust from ProSpeed in Cardiff and it was faultless. I only sold it on due to needing something a little bigger for my latest modifications. It was in fantastic condition, despite being the best part of a decade old, and came with a transferable lifetime guarantee. It wasn't cheap, but it was very good (full stainless steel system with sports cat).

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Pure system I had one on mine (decat) and loved the looks quality and sound. But can also recommend Pro Speed as well great service.

Reaction score
Just to add another name. I have had both the rs192 (made by scorpion but it’s not actually theirs) and a Piper.. I way preferred the Piper.

The 192 was an arse to fit and keep aligned due to the individual back box design. And as other have said it also moved when hot.

The Piper just seemed to work.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've an rs192 system fitted with decat to my Trophy aligned brill by Two Techs I think it's a excellent system and gives a great sound. I also own 182 Cup which has a ktec catback fitted when bought, has a good sound but prefer rs192 note and gains and think I'll be goin for another next upgrade.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the replies all.

In the end I’ve got a replacement Scorpion centre pipe being delivered today; they sold me the new centre pipe with the flex section for £118 delivered so on the grounds I’ve been happy up to now, I decided I couldn’t really justify £500+ for a Prospeed / PMS, although I’m sure they are excellent. I’d not rule out changing to one of these, or even the piper system in the future.

Reaction score
Evening guys.
I didn't want to hijack Simon ' post so thought I best wait. I too have been looking to replace my exhaust, though having problems with it. The T seems to be mis-firing. Stalling easily on parking and pulling away is very juddery. Eg, 30mph in 3rd or 4th pulling away is very juddery, then clears suddenly(also happens in lower gears). I've new leads, plugs and coil pack fitted, and no longer have engine management light showing. Anyway looking at the rear, box(which I understand is a blueflame) there appears to be, and probably not as I'm not that technically minded lol, what looks fine hairs or fibre glass from within the exhaust and deposited on the rear of the T. All this has made my mind up to replace the exhaust.

I thought about the rs192, doesn't sound loud, which I what I'm looking for though happy for one that's a little throaty on acceleration.
kind of been put off a little with the rs192 as some of you guys have encountered a few issues. I am sure the build quality is good.

the others mentioned Pro Speed and piper and interesting me. Are either of these loud?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Evening guys.
I didn't want to hijack Simon ' post so thought I best wait. I too have been looking to replace my exhaust, though having problems with it. The T seems to be mis-firing. Stalling easily on parking and pulling away is very juddery. Eg, 30mph in 3rd or 4th pulling away is very juddery, then clears suddenly(also happens in lower gears). I've new leads, plugs and coil pack fitted, and no longer have engine management light showing. Anyway looking at the rear, box(which I understand is a blueflame) there appears to be, and probably not as I'm not that technically minded lol, what looks fine hairs or fibre glass from within the exhaust and deposited on the rear of the T. All this has made my mind up to replace the exhaust.

I thought about the rs192, doesn't sound loud, which I what I'm looking for though happy for one that's a little throaty on acceleration.
kind of been put off a little with the rs192 as some of you guys have encountered a few issues. I am sure the build quality is good.

the others mentioned Pro Speed and piper and interesting me. Are either of these loud?
Hi mate,

It sounds like you need a new exhaust if you are having to contemplate giving it a shave due to the hairs... which I expect are either due to corrosion internally and material in the backbox / muffler being expelled. I don't think it will be the catalytic converter but might be worth checking it out if you get chance.

Regarding the ProSpeed exhaust, it can be as loud or as quiet as you wish. Charlie (the main guy at ProSpeed) alters the design and sound to suit your needs. I went for mid-sport which was spot-on; not too loud for general driving and when cruising on the motorway, but a bit fruity when putting my foot down. Mind you, the whole sound changed when I added ITB's but it still wasn't ridiculously loud!

Reaction score
dablk and sharky, thanks for the replies, your thoughts are much appreciated.

I had a look at ProSpeed and like the service they offer, i'm going to sound really stupid here, lol, do both Piper and ProSpeed exhausts come with new catalytic converters supplied? therefore my cat is no longer required?

Reaction score
I fitted a Piper last year. It's not loud (more a business like thrum) and you can have a conversation at 70mph know the motorway!
It replaced a Powerflow and instantly felt more powerful and a little more torquey-probably due to the Powerflow being not so good....
What attracted me to it was the quality and that it was described as a more "grown up" choice and I haven't been disappointed.

The Piper is a catback exhaust so the catalytic converter is not included which would be the same for the majority of after market exhausts., so best to keep it.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
So, my T has a Scorpion exhaust which was fitted by a previous owner in 2013, and I'm pretty sure that the weld has cracked between the centre silencer and the pipe.

I noticed that Scorpion have updated the design of the centre section to include a flexi joint, and reduce the risk of cracking. So I was considering buying a new Scorpion centre section and just replacing that. However it seems strange that Scorpion need to include a flexi joint whereas none of the other systems do, neither did the standard Renault one. I'm wondering whether this is just covering up poor fit or poor weld quality? I like the fact that the Scorpion is failrly quiet, and so an alternative option could be to get rid of the Scorpion and go for the KTR/Janspeed system instead, which I have read is also very quiet.

Has anyone got recent experience of the KTR/Janspeed system, or any other quiet ones for that matter, which you'd recommend?
Scorpion do have a lifetime warranty, although they are c unts when it comes down to it. you have to have the original receipt and it has to be issued to the person claiming. I had to pretend to be the previous owner. I did get the replacement mid section with the flexi and the new hanger too.

In all honesty scorpion are utter rubbish, the sound is fairly nice but the construction and fitment are infuriating.

Get a PMS exhaust if you can, better in every way.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
dablk and sharky, thanks for the replies, your thoughts are much appreciated.

I had a look at ProSpeed and like the service they offer, i'm going to sound really stupid here, lol, do both Piper and ProSpeed exhausts come with new catalytic converters supplied? therefore my cat is no longer required?
If you get a catback system (literally from the cat 'onwards) then you keep your existing cat and replace everything after it. If you go for a full sports cat system then that will include a sports cat, which will likely be 200 cell. Obviously the full system will cost you a fair chunk more.

I bought a full stainless steel system from ProSpeed albeit with a 100-cell cat (which made MOT time tricky as I only just got through on emissions at times). With a regular sports cat you'll have no problems. I sold it a few months ago and, despite being 10 years old, it was still in superb condition. It came with a lifetime guarantee and I was able to transfer that lifetime guarantee to the new owner for £50. I don't have the receipt to hand but I think I paid £749 all in for parts and labour. I think it's about £100-£120 cheaper these days for a similar setup. I only sold mine because I needed something more suited to my modifications, otherwise I would have happily kept it.