Trophy #407 for sale (Stockport)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I am selling my Clio 182 Trophy due to lack of use and with a 2ndchild on the way, I expect even fewer occasions to go out and drive for pure pleasure.

I bought this from the original owner, through an advert on this forum, so I am the 2nd owner having collected it from Glasgow in April 2016 with 90,049 miles and driving it back to Manchester. The appeal for me was a useable car that had been a daily driver and family car, with all original equipment parts including the exhaust. Before I bought the car I was pleased to see the front dampers had already been serviced by Cornering Force and they are working fine with no leaks.

When I got the car home my mechanic looked over the car and gave recommendations for urgent and planned work, for example it had mis-matched front springs and one was cracked. It’s now sitting just over 95,200 miles and during my ownership it’s been kept as original as possible with the following parts and service items:
  • New Eibach Trophy front springs (latterly replaced with Cooksport springs, original set of Trophy springs included with the car)
  • New Sachs rear dampers
  • New rear brake pads and discs and repairs to brake pipes
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 rear tyres
  • New strut top bearings
  • New exhaust hanger
  • New handbrake cables
  • New exhaust centre pipe
  • New plug leads
  • New gear gaiter and gear-knob
  • New genuine Renaultsport floor mats
  • New injectors on cylinders 1 & 2
  • Refurbished and powder-coated alloy wheels
  • New battery
  • New boot struts (Magnetti Marelli version)
  • 3 x oil and filter services
  • The all-important Cam Belt kit and Auxiliary Belt kit and Dephaser pulley replaced a few weeks ago so good for the next 5 years
It’s been a 3rd car in our household, mostly used for selfish early morning drives on a Sunday and attending the Wales Weekender in 2016 and 2017 where it has performed faultlessly.

Going back to my original reason for purchase, I wanted a car that had been maintained mechanically but wasn’t looking for a mint show car. I’ve put a fair bit of effort into maintaining the car since acquiring it, and into making the most of its appearance – the paint was hazy from lack of polish and too many car washes I suspect. It looks pretty good in my view having subsequently had a light machine polish and a relatively gentle life since, but there are some marks to the interior and exterior from its previous life ferrying small children around and on holidays (I believe this took the last owner and his family on a skiing holiday and has previously worn a roof rack). It told me a lot when the children waved me off with tears in their eyes, it really was part of the family.

There is some paint fading to some of the plastics, notably the driver’s door handle and around the boot release button. The mirror caps have recently been painted and therefore have a good finish, I haven’t got as far as painting any other plastics yet. There is some rust bubbling on the leading edge of the bonnet in one corner, this was there when I bought the car and hasn’t got any worse. I understand this to be a fairly typical issue with Clios. The only mechanical downside that I’m aware of is a fractured AC pipe. I bought a replacement pipe, but haven’t got round to fitting it – the AC has never worked and I’ve lived without it for over 2 years! The replacement pipe will of course come with the car, it’s still boxed up in the boot.

I’m not sure where to price this but based on recent adverts I’m asking £6,750. As the value of these cars is set to rise, acquiring an honest 2-owner car with sub-100k miles and original equipment could be a wise buy. The car is available to view at my home in Stockport most evenings (don’t forget it’s still light until 9pm or so). I sometimes work from home and am usually not far away at weekends too.

Thanks for looking

Ant
IMG_1176.JPG IMG_1175.jpg IMG_1177.jpg IMG_1178.jpg IMG_1183.jpg IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG IMG_1184.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    788.2 KB · Views: 17

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hey Ant.
I wish you well with the sale of your car.
Itl make a great car for somebody...
It always looked good in Wales...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£500 off, now £6,250 before I come to my senses or list on that infamous auction site!

Ant

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Ant,

I have sent you a text today regarding the car.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Very best wishes, Ed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
On request from a few potential buyers I have some videos showing the car starting from cold and a walk around showing the condition and appearance of the car. I bought the car over 200 miles from home and drove it back, videos should help justify the trip for any interested parties :)

Ant