Trophy 31000 miles

Reaction score
I'm very surprised someone sold a car with that mileage for price that you would expect to pay for one that has at least double the mileage...

Reaction score
It’s a very long story and very complicated and involves 2 peoples private life’s so basically she was left the car he had no control over what she did with it, she sold it for arguably half the value, her loss someone else’s gain, just sorry I couldn’t of helped sell it on here to a genuine enthusiast and get her bit more money for it, they never ask for my help in the end so was out of my hands.

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like there was a lot going on behind the scenes so getting rid of the car pretty quick might have been of greater priority than selling it for top dollar...

Whoever bought it got an incredible deal!!

Do you know what number the car was?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought a 1 owner one a couple of months ago - just under 30k miles and paid a similar figure. I'm wondering if it was the same one - Seller was from Rawtenstall area.

Reaction score
Ok so two cars with around 31k miles sold recently for around £7500...:anguished:

Fair play to the new owners :grinning:

I definitely have never been that lucky

Reaction score
Why would anyone sell a 1 owner low mileage Trophy for 50% less than it's worth!!

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Marital break up...Im guessing..... They can be VERY messy.....
Sometimes its just a case of being in the right place at the right time to get bargains....

Reaction score
Does that mean Trophy’s have dropped in value in some people’s eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does that mean Trophy’s have dropped in value in some people’s eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I don't believe that's the case

The ship is just beginning to sail in terms of appreciation in value.

The one like mine and the other were genuine lucky buys from owners not necessarily on forums or keeping an eye on values.

They are awesome cars and this is my third. You'll see from my forum join date I was here from the beginning when I bought one new. I just didnt appreciate how collectable they are becoming now.

Reaction score
hats off to you, @matt the cat
Will join the jealous list who
Would have grabbed it for £7.250, get a thread started for 148!

I don’t think it will affect values as I actually think their all over valued anyway. £10k for 54 miles example on eBay.. just sat. (Value is what someone will pay or is it what someone will sell for.. blah blah argument).

Seems to me there is a high “entry level” and just above at the minute but not a correlating rise in actual sale of better examples. This due to much over £7k being a lot of cash for a mk2 clio with possible belts and sachs bills around the corner.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hats off to you, @matt the cat
Will join the jealous list who
Would have grabbed it for £7.250, get a thread started for 148!

I don’t think it will affect values as I actually think their all over valued anyway. £10k for 54 miles example on eBay.. just sat. (Value is what someone will pay or is it what someone will sell for.. blah blah argument).

Seems to me there is a high “entry level” and just above at the minute but not a correlating rise in actual sale of better examples. This due to much over £7k being a lot of cash for a mk2 clio with possible belts and sachs bills around the corner.

YEah I agree. Just to add to my lucky grab - the dampers and belts have been done 12 months ago!

I see you are from Warrington! I live in Glazebrook. Whereabouts in Warrington are you?