Trophy 31/500 Reluctantly for Sale

Reaction score
Clio Trophy #31 reluctantly for sale, and available for viewing in Leamington Spa (or near Norwich with some notice to get there)

Trophy #31 is looking for it's next enthusiast owner to enjoy owning it as much as I have. A great all round car. Good for motorway work with cruise control, comfy Recaro seats and icy cold aircon. Then when the opportunity arises, it's faster and more fun point-to-point than a little car of this price has any right to be.

I imagine anyone reading this advert is already an enthusiast, but just incase....
The Trophies were a 500 car limited run at the end of clio 182 production. Fitted with sports seats (which lower the driving position a little), and generally high spec, the already brilliant clio 182 was improved even more with some bespoke Sachs remote reservoir dampers, which give them really sparkling ride and handling.

I've owned this car for four years, and it has now covered 91,000 miles.

Mechanical Condition:
Car is factory standard, with Sachs remote reservoir dampers and Recaro seats present and correct. Only non-standard parts are:
- Scorpion 192 stainless steel exhaust silencer, which is a nice balanced sound.
- "Snappy" leather trimmed steering wheel, which is a lovely tactile improvement over the rubberised original part.

Full Service History, with the following recent highlights:
- Full service history with invoices stored in nerd-spec personalised ring binder.
- Full belts and fluids service with Fred at BTM summer '15
- Oil service at Diamond Motors summer '16
- New BCM to cure intermittent "that's not my key" starting fault.
- Dampers refurbished summer '13
- New alternator
- New brake discs and pads all round last year
- Both keys present.
- Mechanically, I believe the car to be exactly as it should be.
- 4 matching Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, all with good levels of tread.
- For the asking price, I'd expect to sell the car with 12months advisory free MOT

Cosmetic Condition:
- T31 PHY "press fleet" licence plate which should stay with the car I think.
- Capsicum red paintwork polishes and waxes up
beautifully, with only the slightest of stonechips to show for its life as a daily driver.
- Immaculate inside with no visible wear to the seats or steering wheel.
- Renault Sport mats.
- Tool kit present in boot
- Headlights are clear and bright, not yellowed and opaque as many are.

Spares:
I've a small selection of spares which I think should go with the car.
- Pair of rear Sachs dampers.
- Car-set of uprated (Mark Fish) springs which were a bit stiff for my taste.
- Pair of alloy wheels (slightly stone chipped)
- New heater control panel
- Spare factory Update List CD stereo.

Whilst the mileage on the car is starting to creep up, I think the condition, history, and spec of the car justifies the asking price of £7850.

I'm torn between wanting to keep this fantastic little car, and wanting to have fewer toy cars to sit idle, but in no rush to sell as a result.

Car can be viewed in Leamington Spa, or near Norwich, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Mark
Send me a message through the forum, or give me a call on 07967596855

IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3818.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3819.jpg
    IMG_3819.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0109_2.jpg
    IMG_0109_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3826.jpg
    IMG_3826.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3833.jpg
    IMG_3833.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Nice car, good write up. It will prompt one or 2 further questions no doubt but certainly worth a view for any of the "Trophy wanted" poster's on here

Reactions: IRK
Reaction score
Over 90k miles at £8495 just lol [emoji56]

It's the same as 16k miles asking for 16k

I wonder how much the 40-60k miles Trophy worth now then?
Possibly 10k?

Anyways
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Over 90k miles at £8495 just lol [emoji56]

It's the same as 16k miles asking for 16k

I wonder how much the 40-60k miles Trophy worth now then?
Possibly 10k?

Anyways
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You say that but the other low miles cars have sold. Mileage isn't everything. And yes I'd say a 40k miler could go up for £10k and sell for that.

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments so far gents.

Yes, it's priced at the high end for the mileage, but I adore the thing. I'd rather price it higher, and enjoy it a while longer waiting for it to spark someone's interest, than sell it cheaply, get loads of interest and wish I'd advertised it for more.

Having driven it tonight, it's hard to fault a Trophy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whilst the demand for Trophys seems so strong, and all the very original and best are being snapped up for private collections i think soon mileage will be much less of an issue than condition for those of us who actually drive....

Reaction score
Just a little update on this thread gang.

I'm struggling a bit with potential buyers who have made arrangements to come and view the car, then I wait in for them, and they fail to show. Very frustrating! With that in mind, I'm happy to adjust the price a little for a forum member if they come to view the car....

To forum member - £7850

Reaction score
The joy of time wasters, I am glad to say everyone turned up to see mine, but the amount of people that wasted my time via email or forum messages was frustrating lol

Reaction score
Happy to talk about the car all day long, and send as many pictures as people want, but doesn't take a huge amount of courtesy once you've agreed to visit, to call/text to say you've changed your mind, got held up, can't be arsed, or something like that.

Can anyone tell me how I can update my original post, to adjust the price?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've updated the price in your original post. If you want to make anymore changes send me a message and I'll update it.

Reaction score
Grumble grumble... could have been out driving it... grumble grumble... could have gone to the pub...grumble. Genuine enquiries I find quite fun though. A chance to talk about the car! And with them being quite rare, I wouldn't want someone to travel miles and miles to then be disappointed, or spot something they were unhappy with once they arrived.

A 'no show' is the height of discourtesy and warrants capital punishment.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes but just wait for the chancers and timewasters, theres loads of them....:rage::rage::rage: