Trophy 077 - For Sale

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1627835409437.png

After nearly 3 ½ years of rewarding ownership, I reluctantly have to put my Trophy Serial Number 077 up for saleThe current mileage is 109,795.

The work done to the car during my tenure since March 2018 is well documented in the ‘Trophy Owners Register ‘part of this forum.

All previous owners receipts and my receipts (which alone amount to over £10,700) are available as are over 500 photos which I have compiled as I undertook all the work.

A detailed spreadsheet is also available which lists all the work that both previous owners and I have undertaken.

To summarize just a few key points about the car

• Engine

1627835513968.png
  • JMS R2 Inlet Manifold
  • Kam Racing Sports Camshafts 5502428
  • Engine Dynamics Re-map 190.5 bhp
  • Pure Motorsport Exhaust system
  • Belts and Pulleys replaced by Diamond Motors at 97,621 miles
  • New Throttle Body

• Transmission
1627835602851.png
  • Gearbox rebuilt with LSD and new Clutch fitted by Diamond Motors at 97,175 miles
  • Dynamics Short Shifter Link
  • VibraTechincs Engine Mount

• Suspension
1627835709173.png
1627835740197.png

• Main components Powder Coated
  • Wheels totally refurbished
  • Suspension totally refurbished and fitted with Powerflex bushes
  • Sachs dampers refurbished by BG Motorsport at 104,000 miles
  • New Eibach ‘Group Buy’ Trophy springs
  • Pure Motorsport Solid Top Mounts and Bracing bar
  • Pure Motorsport Rear Anti-Roll Bar
  • All wheel bearings replaced

• Brakes

1627835833396.png
  • Calipers refurbished by BiggRed of Worcester
  • All discs and pads replaced
  • All Speed Sensors replaced

• Electrical

1627835883380.png
  • Magnecor Competition Ignition Leads
  • New Bosch 12V 52Ah Battery
  • Variable Intermittent Wiper stalk

• Cooling and Air-conditioning

• New coolant radiator hoses and thermostat
  • New Air-conditioning heat exchanger, pipework and drier

• Bodywork

1627836008492.png
1627836054340.png
  • New genuine Renault bonnet
  • Bonnet and Front Bumper covered in 3M PPF
  • Pure Motorsport Sump Guard

• Interior
IMG_3091.jpg
  • Steering Wheel refurbished
  • All seatbelts re-webbed
  • Heater Control Panel replaced
  • Sound Deadening applied

This very brief summary does not do justice to the expenditure and detailed work that has been undertaken over the past 3 ½ years and before.

Given the condition, specification and standard of the car as presented I am putting it up for sale at £10,950 and will only consider sensible offers around that guide price.

If anyone is genuinely interested and requires further details please PM me and I will answer any questions you may have.

Thanks

Hugh

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Strange thing selling cars as a non-motor trade privateer!

Had no interest from anyone on the forum and then two lots of 10 day adverts on eBay resulted in 1500 - 2000 views and circa. 100 Watchers each time.

However, apart from one enthusiastic viewer who couldn’t realise the sale there were no serious offers or enquiries

I understand that the mileage/condition/asking price balance is the determining factor so maybe even when the price dropped to £9750 I was not hitting the right balance.

Maybe we all over-rate the value of our vehicles particularly when we have spent a lot of money and time and loving care on them.

Anyway have canned the eBay route and am probably going to try the Collecting Cars route next 🤞

Reaction score
Best of luck with the sale,whoever the new owner is will be getting a very good car that has been very well looked after.

Reaction score
Have to say I've been watching your sale with interest Hughie. I bought No 396 back in June following an eBay ad and mine has similar, if slightly lower mileage. I was almost kicking myself when I saw the advert for yours and the level of work that has gone into it, for not *that* much more money than I paid. Although, I wanted a car that was fairly close to standard where possible, even if it required a little TLC.

At a smidge under £10k, I thought you had priced it reasonably well given the high standard yours is at. CC definitely seems to be the way to go now, based on recent sales of Trophies on there. GLWS!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thank you both for your kind comments and wishes.

Have to say I've been watching your sale with interest Hughie. I bought No 396 back in June following an eBay ad and mine has similar, if slightly lower mileage. I was almost kicking myself when I saw the advert for yours and the level of work that has gone into it, for not *that* much more money than I paid. Although, I wanted a car that was fairly close to standard where possible, even if it required a little TLC.

At a smidge under £10k, I thought you had priced it reasonably well given the high standard yours is at. CC definitely seems to be the way to go now, based on recent sales of Trophies on there. GLWS!

Appreciate you candidness and advice on pricing. I will consider that carefully when pricing on CC.

Reaction score
I was one of those watching. I'd definitely be interested but would need to sell one of my other cars which is a pain!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
077 is now posted in the 'Coming soon' section of Collecting Cars with the write-up being prepared and the Auction due to go live in 7 - 10 days.

I know a 'sale is a sale' but I hope it is bought by someone who appreciates what Trophys are all about, the restoration work done and someone who wants to use it and not just store it as an investment or as a 'garage queen'. 🤞🤞

Still all that is no longer within my control!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
077 is now posted in the 'Coming soon' section of Collecting Cars with the write-up being prepared and the Auction due to go live in 7 - 10 days.

I know a 'sale is a sale' but I hope it is bought by someone who appreciates what Trophys are all about, the restoration work done and someone who wants to use it and not just store it as an investment or as a 'garage queen'. 🤞🤞

I'm sure it will go for a great price via CC💪.
Everyone has their Trophy for different reasons, I have a "garage queen" number 263 for investment purposes (money worth nothing in the bank) and recently picked up 265 which looks like a brand new car due to a full respray after been bought back from the dead when it was written off . That's going to get used

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Having looked at your car on Collecting Cars can I say I think you have done a amazing with her.

I know I’m not an expert like most of you but I’d like to see it making more than your original advert like the last one on CC did (No218)

Good Luck (‘m looking forward to watching it unfold)

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Good luck with the sale.

CC seems to connect to a good buying audience for these cars so hope it does well for you. 👍

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks to all for the kind words and likes. Very much appreciated and only what I have been used to over the past 3 .5 years from a really committed, enthusiastic and knowledgeable forum community.

The Collecting Cars auction has now started and the advert write they posted has been very well constructed and written-up to give prospective bidders a clear sense of what has been done to the cr.

It will be interesting to see if CC is indeed the best route to take when selling our special Trophy’s.

Watch this space.

Hugh

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the sale goes. As we know the prices and interest on these cars tends to go in peaks and troughs for some reason. Over the last 12 months, certainly on CC, prices seem to have been fairly solid and even mediocre cars have sold for strong money. I’m sure we will all be watching keenly

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Starting to climb in price now Hughie - hope it exceeds your expectations for all the efforts you have put in.
Glad the Guy has got your email now like Seb197 discussed above - I was also loosing the will to live too.