Trophy #061, 53k miles

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi All
I have decided to put #061 up for sale, as my son and I want to do some track days so have bought a Lotus Elise for that (Trophy too nice to use for that). Having a single garage means one in, one out.
Some details:
53,100 miles and all round excellent condition and drives like new.
I have had for just over a year. A friend was the previous owner and he had it since 2012. It was his third “spare” car so he only did around 2,000 a year.
Lots of history with invoices from my and previous owners from 2008 onwards. Comes with all the original booklets, jack, completely standard inside.
Over the last year I have done the following:
  • All 4 wheels refurbished at Lepsons in the original colour code Ixcell 205-110 (March 23)
  • New Michelin PS3 tyres all around (March 23)
  • Full service including gearbox oil and engine oil, pollen filter, air filter.
  • Full belts/dephaser/water pump and power steering pump change by TwoTechs in Kent.
  • They re-gassed the aircon too (after testing for leaks) and it was fine for a few weeks, but has stopped working again so that will need attending to.
  • New wipers
  • New Trophy decals on the side skirts
  • New rear wheel bearings including new “spacers” which some previous mechanic had neglected to fit (so the bearings wear out really quickly). The rear discs and pads were new 2 years before.
  • Full clean under the front scuttle, including making sure all 3 drainage holes are clear and effective.
  • Replace a few bits of bobs of trim as well as an exhaust mount
  • New heater control panel as the old one had the usual decal coming off.
  • Original steering wheel has been refurbed by Snappy and looks amazing.
  • Check and protected all of the underside of the car. No body work rust found at all, just needed to refurb/coat the wishbones etc.
  • Engine bay detail including vapour blasting the aluminium parts
  • Clean all the seatbelts – they were grubby but look like new again
  • Clean behind the front wheel arches which get clogged with dirt. No rust found.
Prior to my ownership:
Serviced every year or two (mileage dependant) by a reputable garage in Guildford (receipts all present)
Sachs dampers were refurbished in 2019 and are working well
Alternator and belt replaced in 2019
New rear brakes in 2022
New front springs in 2022
Here is a link to album for more photos taken a couple of weeks ago: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBmnCd
Price is around £15.5k, location is Guildford, Surrey
Many thanks
Rich
img_2335_53653200721_o.jpgimg_2336_53653550099_o.jpgimg_2337_53653420738_o.jpgimg_2339_53653420688_o.jpgimg_2343_53652328202_o.jpgimg_2344_53653200366_o.jpgimg_2345_53653549749_o.jpgimg_2346_53653420388_o.jpgimg_2348_53653549689_o.jpgimg_2322_53652328922_o.jpg

Reaction score
Looks very tidy. The gap between the front tyres and arch seems bigger than normal? Is this another Dakar edition :unsure:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks very tidy. The gap between the front tyres and arch seems bigger than normal? Is this another Dakar edition :unsure:
It had new coil springs fitted by the previous owner and they aren't Eibach so do ride a bit higher. Happy to buy some Eibach anyone has any spare?!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great news Rich - keep us posted with your new adventures in the Lotus, like we have said before about this forum we have some great members on it with or without a Trophy.

Just shows that really nice examples always find new homes and good to know when you think you have to spend more money keeping them in tiptop shape.

🚗🏆❤️

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just shows that really nice examples always find new homes and good to know when you think you have to spend more money keeping them in tiptop shape.

I was just about to say something similar, but Nick got there before me. Good to see a nice example get a well deserved sale.

Hope you enjoy that Elise Rich. :) (y)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thank you guys. Very much looking forward to some track days in this but will no doubt have another Renault Sport again, such great cars

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpeg
    IMG_2017.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Very well done on the sale, but a lovely car like that was never going to
hang around too long.
Hope the new owner enjoys it over the summer.

Isn't that a 135R?
Does that run the K- Series or the Toyota engine?
By all accounts, they are supposed to be one of the very best of the Elise breed.

Life is all about trying different things, and an Elise should most
definitely be on every petrol heads ownership list, hopefully one day.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very well done on the sale, but a lovely car like that was never going to
hang around too long.
Hope the new owner enjoys it over the summer.

Isn't that a 135R?
Does that run the K- Series or the Toyota engine?
By all accounts, they are supposed to be one of the very best of the Elise breed.

Life is all about trying different things, and an Elise should most
definitely be on every petrol heads ownership list, hopefully one day.
Hi Titan,
Very well spotted! Yes it is a Sport 135R and runs the K-series with a few extra bhp from standard. This is much lighter than tghe Toyota engine so the whole car comes in under 700kgs.
I actually had a series 1 Sport 135 (hence my username) 20 years ago, so this is a bit of progression from that. the 135R is more track focused and came with semi-slicks, LSS (lotus sport susp), sports exhaust etc from factory. Here's little reading if anyone is interested. https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spottedykywt/lotus-elise-135r--spotted/42688
All the best
Rich