Trophy # 008 for sale

Reaction score
I'm not really sure I want to do this, but I've just spoiled myself with a new Lotus & my wife has been going on about getting another MX5 for ages, so here goes:-

86,000 miles, Lots of history - always serviced by RenTech during my ownership since April 2017.
Mark Fish springs fitted @ 81731 miles - May 2017
Kenwood DAB audio head unit DAB Roof Aerial fitted
Wheels fully refurbed by ACC Alloy Wheel Refurbishment 17/08/17
Front Sachs dampers refurbed and powder coated by Cornering Force 22/08/17
Braided lines, Ferrodo DS 2500 pads, exchange front calipers, dog bone mount replaced, OMP wheel fitted, alternator replaced - Work carried out by Rentech 01/09/17
New front Brembo discs Oct 2017
Fatty's induction system fitted Oct 2017
4 new Michelin PS3’s fitted March 2018
Replacement rear OEM discs and Brembo pads March 2018
Wiper stalk swapped so I now have variable speed intermittent wipe + Air con re- gassed - Nov 2018
15mm front / 5mm rear wheel spacers fitted, with new bolts - May 2020
T555 PHY plate included.
The heater / a/c control panel has a few chips, but I have a mint condition used one that will come with the car.
Centre section of Milltek exhaust + rear exhaust brackets replaced April 2020
GTechniq C5 wheel armour treatment on the wheels (all surfaces) April 2020

I have just had the paint on front end of the car done (bonnet, front PU & both wings) and it looks amazing.
The interior is really nice.
Mechanically the car is a fine fettle. It pulls like a train & handles beautifully.

I'm asking a firm £8,500 - No lower offers please & no PX.

Optional extras

The car comes with a smaller (non airbag) OMP steering wheel which is much nicer to use, but I have a completely unused "Snappy" re-trimmed steering wheel available - cost me about £250 and I'd be looking for that.

Pair of NOS front Sachs dampers from the group on the Trophy forum - never fitted - £500

Pair of new / never fitted cup front dampers that I bought as spares for when the Sachs need a refurb - I got these before the NOS group buy - No charge.

Pictures & a short video should be accessible here

Reaction score
To clarify "Lots of history" = loads of stamps in the log book + many invoices.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This makes me sad. :( But I can respect the reasons and glad you have been able to enjoy it.

Do you have any pics of the Snappy steering wheel mate? I may be interested as mine is a mess and I was looking to get it done at some point so...

Reaction score
It might not happen yet Andy. I'm not at all desperate to sell.

The Snappy wheel is shown the last picture in the imgur folder, but the car's buyer (if it happens) gets first refusal.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Putting my dibs in for the other parts too. Noting my earlier message, but thought I’d put it here too :)

Reaction score
That's a great looking example and very tidy all round.

Best of luck with the sale Andy,it should have no bother finding its next owner ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It might not happen yet Andy. I'm not at all desperate to sell.

The Snappy wheel is shown the last picture in the imgur folder, but the car's buyer (if it happens) gets first refusal.
Yup, absolutely fair and makes sense mate. All the best whatever you decide to do. :)

Reaction score
Sale agreed ?

The sale includes the spare dampers and the Snappy wheel.

Last edited: