Trophy 001 being sold by RUK

Reaction score
I know of the chap that bought these! He was in work last week. His son is keeping the Alien green 200 iirc.

GPH

Reaction score
Do you know if he got the Clio Williams? I wonder if that has been sent to Paris being Ex Frank Williams no 001

Reaction score
I'm not sure tbh. Think they only got 8 or 9. I'll try to find out

GPH

Reaction score
If he has bought these from RUK and not just on commission he will make a hefty profit because RUK will not have been able to guess their real values. shame no one at RUK had the brains to sell them direct through Collecting Cars

GPH

Reaction score
I know of the chap that bought these! He was in work last week. His son is keeping the Alien green 200 iirc.

If it still has the CL10 CUP Number plate then that is a good decision!

Attachments

• CLio 200 green.jpg
    CLio 200 green.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 28

GPH

Reaction score
Apparently the dealership is having financial trouble hence the sale

It clearly is a dealer because the V5 are showing 0 previous owners so he had no intention of keeping these cars but simply reselling them for a profit whatever story he might have told Renault UK or that he now has "financial trouble" What in the few weeks since he bought them!

GPH

Reaction score
So having viewed the car today I would say it is an honest example that has taken the abuse well and is in much better original condition than the LY V6.
It has a few small stone chips etc but has not had any poor resprays etc that I can see.
The interior also seems good.
So with a little money spent on it, it could be a great example and being low mileage and #001 a great addition to any Collection.

GPH

Reaction score
The want for #001 was high - Sold for £47,965 more than double any previous price that I know of.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well whoever that is they seem happy with their £48k Clio . Good to see it’s physically moved and not just disappeared into deep storage.

The new owner is -
François Perrodo (born 14 February 1977), is a French businessman, and the chairman of Perenco, an oil and gas company with operations in 16 countries, which was founded by his father.

Business
He is the president of the independent Franco-British oil company Perenco, after his father died in 2006 in a hiking accident near Courchevel, and has run the family business since 2007.

Perrodo is a motorsport enthusiast, he started with classic car racing in 2010.
He competes in endurance racing in the FIA World Endurance Championship, currently with the French racing team TDS Racing in the LMP2 class, having initially competed in the GTE Am class from 2013 until 2016. He has taken part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, V de V Series, Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup, European Le Mans Series (ELMS), United SportsCar Championship and the 24 Hours Series.

Check out Fanchracing on Instagram.

So you could say that his £48k or what ever was a drop in the ocean.

Reaction score
Well it looks like its keeping good stable mates,a McLaren F1!!

Reaction score
That he filled with Diesel the other week! lol

He did what!!!

Jesus,I suppose it can happen to the best of us no matter how rich and successful you are 😂😂

He might have actually seen double digit mpg figures for a little bit then 😉