Time to sell?

Reaction score
I love my cars, and it's always a tough decision selling one. I am still unsure if it's time to sell or not, but I am definitely keeping my Black gold as in all honesty I prefer the colour. Yes, the Trophy drives amazing compared to the BG, the difference really is night & day!

The Trophy just sits in my garage now, rarely comes out as I have 3 cars in front of the garage so she doesn't have a fighting chance of coming out to play!

What do we think I am likely to achieve cost wise?

#276 iirc
44,500 ish miles
New Sachs all round Nov 19
Belts 19
3 previous owners (will need to check)
Full history, some oil changes have been carried out by myself
Mot September (No advisories)
JMRS induction kit
Engine bay sprayed and tidied up
Yozza cat back (Will be swapped for Scorpion)
New windscreen fitted 2019 ish

Interior is mint, steering wheel has been refurbished before I bought her
Small ding on wing/bonnet (Partner dropped a dustpan & brush on her) Very minor

I have owned her around 5 years, bought on 39k so covered very little miles in my time. Would I be dreaming if I put her up for 16k?

Genuine thoughts please guys. It really is a lovely example which drives beautiful.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Il be honest I didn't entertain your trophy at £16k having sold my trophy a year ago I don't feel this is £4.5k 'better'

I'd say £14k max personally. Collecting car is prob your best bet for a decent sale.

A trophy is a cool car still but it's in that awkward price of second car to some and not quite collector car unless silly low miles/standard/low miles

You only have to look at the 23k trophy still for sale prob being one of the best out there.

All my opinion of course which I know will upset some.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£16k doesn’t seem ridiculous to me. Mileage not so low you wouldn’t ever want to drive it but still much lower than the average so very desirable and sounds like it’s in great condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know we don't take much notice of the Trade Value's of our little Red Car's - However this month's Cap Price is £17150 which I do agree seems a large amount of money - But in October 2021 Oakwood Car Sales sold a Lovely 49k car that had an asking price of
£16950 (only the Buyer of that car knows how much he paid ???) making Dawn's 42k car nearly a direct comparison.

Reference the 28k Car @Pitlane - Should there be a 8k-9k difference between the Two and only 14000 miles ???? That's just over £600 per thousand.

What I've found in a very short time is Great Cars make Great Money due to originality/history and no spend - and average/poor cars make no where near expectation due to missing parts and future spend.

Any way good Luck Dawn with a sale if you go that way.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I haven't seen your car in person, Dawn, but the condition looks fantastic from the pictures you've posted on FB and here.

particularly if you:
a) ended up ceramic coating the wheels - I know you were toying with the idea​
b) got that exhaust straightened up when you swap it over ;)
c) get that ding pulled out if possible​
d) I personally like my cars as standard, others may disagree with this, but it may be worth removing the induction kit and selling it separately, but I'm not sure it really matters​

I noticed at one point you didn't have an original front splitter. Did you end up putting one on? Your car's paint really pops because of your detailing, but it's one of the first things I notice when they go up for sale, and it would be a shame not to have it.

Given what others have gone for recently, if these little bits were sorted and given the mileage if it were mine, I'd be looking for £16k+ if it were mine. I'd give it a go on Collecting Cars in the spring if that's the way you want to go.