The (Tourist)Trophy...

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Apologies for the non-Clio content, but I've been enjoying some of this years this years IoM TT coverage on Youtube over the last couple of days. Currently on the practice stages of the event, this on-board with Davy Todd from today is nothing short of incredible!

I'm not madly into bikes, but there's something about the TT that I find mesmerising..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm the same as that Ed.

I know a very little about bikes, but always try and watch at least
some of the IOM TT.

It is probably the very last of a no holds barred dance with death.

The physicality of going what they do, managing somehow to hold on for the distance around the course
and over the amount of laps, all while skimming hedgerows, kerbs, walls, tricky corners (even in the dry).
How they can do it, I have absolutely no idea.

I just hope it can keep going, in this modern day of increasing health and safety and
with the authorities trying to keep as far away as possible from potential death and being
sued to kingdom come.

Long may it continue....true modern day Gladiator's on their two wheeled rockets.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes they mesmerise me too even though I’m not a bike fan either -

This was also very cool too at the TT - very scary however you do have a car around you

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep - however those biker are next level -

I even struggle to even watch it never mind them actually riding it with the bumps - corners and of course that outrageous acceleration - mad mad mad

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep - however those biker are next level -

I even struggle to even watch it never mind them actually riding it with the bumps - corners and of course that outrageous acceleration - mad mad mad
Watching that on-board, it just doesn't look real in places, the speed, the bumps, the commitment. It's an absolute spectacle to see such skill. Amazing stuff!