The "I couldn't care less" George Best Thread

Day

Reaction score
Anybody else fed up with the media coverage this guy's death keeps getting?

I know he was a great football player and all that but as a self confessed alcoholic and wife beater I wish his life were not glorified as much as it seems to be.

I do hope he rests in peace however.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know what you mean, I think maybe its just an age thing.

I'm told he was the best player there's been, but not being around in his glory days I find i'm not overly upset about it. I do have some sympathy on the alcoholism front though, he was the first real superstar football player and just couldn't handle the money and fame that came his way. It still happens today (e.g. Gazza) but theres much more support for players on how to handle it these days.

The death of Richard Burns has had a far greater effect on me personally, but he was a hero of mine just as Best was to many who watched him play.

RIP George and Richard

Reaction score
I have to agree most people i've spoken to could'nt care less about Best he wasted his last chance and I have no sympathy. And to hear on the radio on the way home his coffin was draped in the Man U flag what a joke. Also the clip they showed on Wogan when he was pissed out of his head, how could you ever lift your head high after that.

As Nik says I felt very saddened about the death of Richard Burns, he was a true hero and hardly got a mention. He loved his sport up until his end.