Reaction score
Went out for a blat today and noticed my little display that tells you the temp/time/radio info wasn't working (blank screen) then noticed the radio remote on the steering column was dead too. Radio/CD working fine, everything else on the car working fine. Fuses checked all OK; took off the steering column shroud and checked connectors - all ok, popped the head unit out, all connectors ok.

I'm certain the radio remote and the broken display are the same fault but no idea where to look. A recent visit to Reno to get the aircon re-gassed a week or so ago would seem, logically, to be un-connected.......

any ideas greatfully recieved :confused:

Reaction score
iirc the plug from the sat control plugs into the back of the display ... (or at least one of the clio's did)

might be worth a look as if its been out before the retaining clip has been known to break

Reaction score
That's a good idea - Was wondering how to access the rear of the display - looks like a lot of dash removal: need a guide unless I force/snap some clips!

Reaction score
The display and the remote controls are definitely connected,could be a faulty head unit?

To access the display you will need to take the dash top off first.

Reaction score
There's a really good guide over on Cliosport, if you're a member, showing where all the fixings are etc. it's actually very easy!

Reaction score
(from memory)
The stalk control runs directly to a connector on the back of the clock, there is also a 2nd connector which runs to the yellow mini iso connector on the back of the radio. I believe this is a very basic canbus setup. I may be a connector but they are fiddly buggers which dont undo easily so I doubt it. Possibly borrowing a clock or finding one in a scrapper may sort it though !

Reaction score
Right - sorted! With a bit of trepidation I took out the dash (Fiddly but 15 - 20 mins work) Pulled out the clock connector which seemed to be in tight enough) stripped the display bit out had a poke around and a little clean up - plugged back in turned it on and it worked (as did the remote stalk). Put it all back together with no snapped clips or trim :)

no idea why it went belly up but at least it's ok for now - wonder if there's a relay connected in circuit somewhere that provides power ? would like to see a wiring diagram.

So for those of you worried about taking the dash off - don't be ( however there are better things to do with your time......)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo - how about doing a quick guide for everyone?

Been a while since someone's added to our guides and how to sections..