So good!!

Reaction score
Had a dive of my eldest lad’s RS Clio 200, full fat cup last night. It was OK, but nothing special.

Got in the T this morning - much, much better. The T feels light, nimble, engaging -just alive and up for a good thrashing.

The 200 was just dull by comparison.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had a dive of my eldest lad’s RS Clio 200, full fat cup last night. It was OK, but nothing special.

Got in the T this morning - much, much better. The T feels light, nimble, engaging -just alive and up for a good thrashing.

The 200 was just dull by comparison.
It's actually nice driving something different every so often, just to remind you how special these cars are!

Reaction score
Just wondering,is there much difference between them in the steering feel?

I presume the later 200 is hydraulic as well?

Reaction score
Yeah done the same owning a 200 cup and 275 cup s and both have something missing. The Trophy has that feeling like you need to drive it where a lot of new hatches just feel to complete- composed.

Reaction score
Don’t say that, I sold my trophy earlier this year as I wasn’t using it. And have just managed to persuade my wife an alien green 200 is a good purchase..

are the 200’s not great? Gearboxes better than the 197?

thanks

pete

Reaction score
Cars are more about lap times now I feel so are far more composed which is good when you are lashing on around a track but i feel makes them a less exciting or fun car in the real world. I bet you will love the 200 too and its just my opinion at the end of the day

Reaction score
The 200 just had a lower ratio box I think so felt a little punchier accelerating. I test drove a 197 with everything on and it only had 7k on clock before I ordered my 200 back in the day. I think I can remember it wasn't night and day as the car is pretty much the same but I got a deal that meant I only payed 2k more for a factory order compared to the 197.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
We sold our 200 Full Fat Cup recently and kept the 182 Trophy. Definitely the right decision, as the Trophy seems to make even a garden centre trip that bit special. The Cup suspension was way too firm for us, and the Trophy is a smaller, lighter, more nimble package to drive. Given it a 12 hour machine polish valet this weekend :)