Slim front number plate

Reaction score
I've just got a personal plate; my Clio which I have just bought currently has a slim front number plate on it and I would like the same for my personal plate too!
I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact dimensions the legality and where to order them from!
Many thanks, Danny.

Reaction score
So you have a slim number plate on it, but you don't own a tape measure? I should imagine they are illegal as they are meant to show the car garage name along the bottom of the plate I think, but you are very unlikely to get pulled for it

Reaction score
Yes I can quite easily measure it's more where I would be able to get one!
Yeah there is a post code on the plate and the lettering is the correct size but I wanted to check for sure.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
it is, but we seem to be slipping into a world where people are like "quick to the internet" instead of trying to figure it out

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467051062.845896.jpg

That's mine, not bothered if it's illegal. If I get pulled for it, I'll pay the fine and get on with it.

Reaction score
I got mine front fancy plates The website gives you the size think its 90mm x something. Mines been on for over two years and never been pulled and had them fitted on others cars as well no problems.

Reaction score
As long as the characters are the correct size and spacing is correct along with a BSU number is all good for mot imo.

Looks much better smaller though :up:

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it's got the bsu markings on and the lettering and spacing is correct so legal or not I gather it's not such an issue!
I will check that site out and and hopefully get some ordered!
The smaller plates do look nicer and are less intrusive to the grille hence why I wanted refit the same style ones!
Cheers, Danny.