Sikora's Trophy #456

Reaction score
Who the Fxxx uses Parkers and Glasses these days. Even traders use the autotrader rule of thumb when they buy cars, you don't see blokes in sheepskin coats standing in the auction clutching a glasses guide. It's a joke. There is a lad on the Facebook site who got forced off the road, hit a kerb and bent his so badly it creased the roof. He had similar valuation problems but I think he got sorted

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Might be worth talking to the guy off the facebook group that was in the same position ..

There is a lad on the Facebook site who got forced off the road, hit a kerb and bent his so badly it creased the roof. He had similar valuation problems but I think he got sorted

Either of you point me in the right direction?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I just had a word with my dentless repair guy .. he recons he might be able to get it very close to perfect with a full day on it .. £500 ish ... but might need paint after that as its cracked in some areas to make perfect ..

Reaction score
Y

I just had a word with my dentless repair guy .. he recons he might be able to get it very close to perfect with a full day on it .. £500 ish ... but might need paint after that as its cracked in some areas to make perfect ..

Bloody hell.....is he a dentman or a miracle worker !!! I've shown my mate who does dent stuff for local garages, he says it's a panelling and jig job. All credit to your man if he can make something of that.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
He is very very good ... Lets see what the body shop quote is first ... But for sure this one can be saved even if just as a track toy .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Definitely needs paint. Really not sure what route to go down with this. With the luck I've had with it lately, I'm thinking it might be time to move on

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah s**t mate - very sorry to see and hear this :( I hope you can resolve it satisfactorily one way or another. Good luck buddy.

Reaction score
Very sad to see this mate, I hope however this experience ends that you are satisfied with the outcome, £1810 is a joke!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers guys. My insurers are awaiting the report from the accident management company, then they will pass it on to yet another company who will deal with the valuation. I had in my head that my insurers would be fighting my corner. Just feels like a bunch of companies trying to make money on my claim :cry:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers guys. My insurers are awaiting the report from the accident management company, then they will pass it on to yet another company who will deal with the valuation. I had in my head that my insurers would be fighting my corner. Just feels like a bunch of companies trying to make money on my claim :cry:

Their job is making money .. they dont do it for your benefit ...
But regardless as a group we can get this sorted .. there have been enough sales to provide feedback on prices ..
Just dont break it ..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think I'm going to look at getting this repaired. The stress this has caused me the past week has been unbearable and it's not even my fault :disappointed:

Reaction score
Everything is repairable, only up until recent years it would have been, there's loads of good panelling guys out there who could jack the b pillar out and re quarter panel it. It's just far easier these days for insurance companies to cat c or d stuff.
You just have to weigh up what you paid for the car, what you can buy it back at and then how long you intend to keep the car. The longer you keep it the more economical repairing it will be.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
B pillar is fine. It's just what you can see in the photos. I've been offered £2770, minus £810 if I want to keep the car. Obviously I've rejected this offer

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So just to re surface this thread with an update...

Dan after all this stress and bad luck has understandably had enough of the car for the time being...
I have taken the repair project on as this is a car that is far too good to let it be broken.. It is a cat C now but as you can see from the damage it was a crazy thing to cat C it.. The repair is totally possible without a new quarter panel and that's what is happening right now..
The process will be carefully photographed and documented so it can be seen by anyone.. And I will update the owners log as well ... I think even as a cat C, this car well repaired could be a great investment for someone who was looking for a car to keep.. Clearly it's future price will never be that of un catted car but when you see prices at the moment that's no bad thing for someone..
Most cars will have had some sort of repair over their lifetime and not been catted.. And most likely not repaired as well as this one will be ...

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see Rik.
Did Dan get his settlement sorted with the insurance or us he still on with the ombudsman