Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i still can't decide. I've tried mine on everything, usually two tanks worth before switching to make sure all previous fuel is cleared out (a sort of personal test) and I honestly can say i dont notice any difference in MPG or performance on any of them.

If anything I'd say V-power may have an effect over Ultimate, in turn over regular fuels but it's hardly noticeable.

Reaction score
Might be imagining it, but since Optimax has become V-Power, my cold starts in the morning seem to be a lot easier. Not having the odd nothing happening moments that I was having earlier in the year. Has anyone else noticed this?
:?:

Reaction score
V-Power is the best, and only 92p/litre near me. Don't use anything else now and I've got a shell card so get points on every fill up.

Reaction score
Does anyone use regular 95RON? I haven't yet but was wondering if people had an opinion on it? I know it says 98RON on the filler cap but I am pretty sure 95RON can be used.

Reaction score
You can use 95 RON, it's just not recommended, I put 5 litres of the muck in for an emergency and to be honest, it ran absolutley fine, just not good for the engine to use it regularly, no detergents etc. and loads of gunk.

Reaction score
I've never used anything buy Optimax/Vpower... and have got quite a few points too... ;)

Good stuff - I swear by it :)

O.

Reaction score
Standard mapping didn't recognize RON 100, only remapped EPROM's did recognize it and increase a little bit performance. :wink:

Reaction score
T7PHY said:
Steve Gunnis said:
Sorry, we don't have 100 RON here, only 95, 97, 99 and 102.

102? Do we? Where?!

BP Ultimate 102. £2.43/litre, with mapping to suit can see huge power increases due to it's resistance to pre-ignition therefore allowing higher compression ratios. The 996 GT3 they had on a rolling road at GFOS saw an increase of around 40bhp from Ultimate 97.

Reaction score
Not for hot hatches, it's race spec fuel for track machines where small power increases are everything. With 182bhp to start with, you'd see better performance gains by going on a diet.

Reaction score
I've always used optimax/v-power since its arrival. I can't say that I ever experienced a performance advantage, but I use it for its cleaning properties. A few years ago one of the mags did a test by putting a small camera into the top of various engines. They then ran the cars on Optimax for 1500 miles and re-inserted the camera. The difference was amazing, everything was cleaner and a lot less gunky. I've been a convert ever since and as said before, I'll only put normal stuff in for emergencies.

Reaction score
Lee G said:
I've always used optimax/v-power since its arrival. I can't say that I ever experienced a performance advantage, but I use it for its cleaning properties. A few years ago one of the mags did a test by putting a small camera into the top of various engines. They then ran the cars on Optimax for 1500 miles and re-inserted the camera. The difference was amazing, everything was cleaner and a lot less gunky. I've been a convert ever since and as said before, I'll only put normal stuff in for emergencies.

that was evo i believe, it was quite an eye opening article and like you i've been converted ever since