Selling my project

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi everyone, it's a sad day for me, my clio was just about finished then there was a strange noise from my engine, sent it up to k-tech from Cornwall and the report was as follows:

We have stripped down and removed your head for inspection.
We have found damage to both cams, cylinder head and cam box but nothing obvious reason to why.
The build quality we have seen is of good quality, at this point we dont believe its poor quality workmanship.
The question was to ask if you want us to keep inspecting which requires removing the engine to inspect to see if it is an oil pressure fault ie. fault with the oil pump or blocked oil way etc.

My questian to you all is if I bring it back to me, would there be anyone interested to purchase it as spares or repairs? (They want 4k for a standard refurbed engine

It's has had the gearbox refurbed strengthen and quaife lsd installed with lightend flywheel from pms, 1 piece valves and uprated springs, k-tec intake, port and polish engine and manifold, Mark fish springs and rear damper kit, carbon front lip, all black external plastics painted black, steering wheel from snappy, and more.....

Around 110k miles with very good service history.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi everyone, it's a sad day for me, my clio was just about finished then there was a strange noise from my engine, sent it up to k-tech from Cornwall and the report was as follows:

We have stripped down and removed your head for inspection.
We have found damage to both cams, cylinder head and cam box but nothing obvious reason to why.
The build quality we have seen is of good quality, at this point we dont believe its poor quality workmanship.
The question was to ask if you want us to keep inspecting which requires removing the engine to inspect to see if it is an oil pressure fault ie. fault with the oil pump or blocked oil way etc.

My questian to you all is if I bring it back to me, would there be anyone interested to purchase it as spares or repairs? (They want 4k for a standard refurbed engine

It's has had the gearbox refurbed strengthen and quaife lsd installed with lightend flywheel from pms, 1 piece valves and uprated springs, k-tec intake, port and polish engine and manifold, Mark fish springs and rear damper kit, carbon front lip, all black external plastics painted black, steering wheel from snappy, and more.....

Around 110k miles with very good service history.
There is a can be heard running 107k 172 engine on ebay £550 in Milton Keynes.

Just use your 182 top inlet, think it comes with all ancillaries which is big +, though it will need belts.

Pull your finger out though, someone is viewing it tomorrow.

My interest is that I want the cabin wiring looms

Reaction score
Agree with the post above

Don’t go spending £4k on that rebuilt motor. I spoke to ktec about it last weekend when the Conrod exited by Clio 182 at snetterton - they were there as part of the championship. Yes it’s had work done to it but it’s not worth £4k in my opinion

You can get a running engine for £500 and then put a belt on it and you are away

If you want it rebuilt it’s around £100-£1500 in parts mainly keeping it standard and then £1k for a rebuild

I have had multiple quotes from trusted Clio places in the last two weeks so happy to help you you in the right direction.

Thanks

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Peter and oracle, sorry i haven't got back to you sooner, I've been buried in work and have only now had a day off and spent it with the kids.
I've thought long and hard about Fixing and keeping it or just selling it + had a long chatt with the wife and decided to go down the root of selling, mainly due to my position in life at the moment.

But I really appreciate your advice on the problem.