Sachs Twingo R1 Dampers

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a pair of Sachs Twingo R1 dampers for sale. I bought these for £1100 from Wests about 18 months ago for #310. My plan was to get the original dampers refurbished to keep as spares as I had intended to keep the car for the long-term. However things didn't work out as planned and I traded the car in a couple of months ago, but not before removing the R1 dampers and refitting the original ones, which is why I can now offer these for sale.

These dampers have done at most 5,000 miles, as I cycle to work so the car only got used at the weekend. I also used the 'sachsdom' method to protect them from grime (you can find more info about this in the forum but is basically a combination of mountain bike inner tubes, grease and cable ties).

I'm looking for £650 for the pair. I can post if collection is not possible (I live in Glasgow).

Cheers,

Ben

DSC_0184.JPGDSC_0183.JPGDSC_0182.JPGDSC_0180.JPG

Reaction score

Hi Jules - I've replied to you PM but got the following error message

"hoolio has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Very Very Good Price for the R1 dampers.

Here is what they cost each from Renault

1puud4.jpg

and this is what the Trophy ones cost from renault.

2ytxisp.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just arrived, not had a chance to check them over yet and have forgotten my phone today so I will txt you later. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
These have ben in the boot since they arrived and finally got them out to clean them up treat the rusty bits etc and one of them is dud. Seems I can't catch a break at the moment.

Reaction score
Acht..tough brake. I hope you have a pm from the seller saying they are both fine and you paid by paypal. Unfortuneatly the advert above doesnt make any reference to actual mechanical condition.

hope you get sorted.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben has been in contact and is as gutted as I am, one way or another I'm sure it will be sorted.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but unless there is an invoice to back up who and when they where refurbished i would always take it at face value that they have not been sorted / refurbished.

Hope you get them sorted soon hoolio

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I understand what you are saying but as they were 18 months old with little use and seemly in good health why would there be any need for a refurb. As always buyer beware i suppose, still a good set on dampers just not as good as they should be.

atl

Reaction score
When did the Sachs logo change to ZF on the stickers, that would help indicate the age of them as they have the original Sachs logo on.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
When did the Sachs logo change to ZF on the stickers, that would help indicate the age of them as they have the original Sachs logo on.

Thats the old Sticker / Logo that was changed some time ago now.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is a post from Ben on the 18-10-13 saying that he had just purchased them so I have no reason to disbelieve his timeline. He has been an absolute gentleman and I attach no blame at all to him. In the same way as mine are still fine after 10 years some failed very early, just one of those things.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A picture of some slightly sad dampers

Attachments

• DSCF0621.JPG
    DSCF0621.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 46

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
A picture of some slightly sad dampers

They still look to be in decent nick, Surly it will be a cheap refurb from BG and not a £900 one to get these back up and running.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They still look to be in decent nick, Surly it will be a cheap refurb from BG and not a £900 one to get these back up and running.

As I said, Ben has been brilliant and made an offer so good that I initially turned it down and gave him time to consider other options. I don't have what I really wanted, a pair of dampers in good nick that i could just throw on but I have the money for a basic refurb with any further damage at my risk so I'm happy.