Sachs scraper/top cap

Reaction score
I have been putting a bit of thought into my new dampers especially in terms of protection

As has been written elsewhere, the new units come with the Twingo style scraper instead of the cap which is a better solution however with these being more motorsport orientated they would probably be removed and cleaned far more regularly than I could ever do!

@BenG posted this picture recently which on the face of it would provide even greater protection. So my question to those more learned than myself do you think these powerflex damper covers could be worthwhile with the new style scraper?

D42829C0-42D3-434A-B190-C2FCE3534E29.jpeg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, anything that is likely to help keeping grit away from the rods has got to be worth a punt. What is the fit like top and bottom Rik/Ben?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
More protection is always good if you are a 3 or 4 seasons user. Fit is water tight top and bottom with a breather hole to allow actuation.
It's the best solution I have found to date.
This with the scraper seal has to be unbeatable IMHO

Reaction score
Thanks chaps they sound just the ticket!
Think I'll give them a coat paint as well as my OCD has kicked in. My paint sprayer suggested red :fearscream: But I think silver/grey. Not that brave.. ..

Reaction score
@Rik Perry, which Powerflex damper cover and bump stop kit do we require for the 25mm shafts? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know if the scraper seal can be retro fitted during a routine service on the OEM spec dampers?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know if the scraper seal can be retro fitted during a routine service on the OEM spec dampers?
now have the answer to this = yes.

Next problem is where to source some from as Monster Sport Europe, the only supplier I know of, has closed down at the end of last yr........ hmmmnnn

Reaction score
now have the answer to this = yes.

Next problem is where to source some from as Monster Sport Europe, the only supplier I know of, has closed down at the end of last yr........ hmmmnnn

I've got the some somewhere, with basically everything you need to retrofit them. I'd consider selling them at the right price :tongueclosed:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had cornering force manufacturer some for me as the original one's from sachs are not available now or so I was told by BG motorsport..

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure tbh, I wasn't involved in the retro fit - it all went through cornering force, so I guess they'll retain this as confidential info?

Reaction score
Don't forget the rods can be replaced £110 each from cornering force so not the end of the world. For me it's the main damper body that you need to take care of. I'll be coating mine with G Tecniq C5 wheel armour before refitting. They are easy dampers to remove so I'll do this every couple of years.