Sachs Rears as spotted on market place

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So if anyone’s got a whole heap of cash lying around and is after some Sachs rears then this link might be of some use to you.

Personally I think £400 is a tad steep ...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steep? Maybe, but they are the original version and you will not see many more of these available. Also not too far off original price iirc.

Not mine by the way :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Was looking at these, but look far too expensive. Also, looking on one of the part finders, it’s showing the original reads available at £179 each?? Is this wrong?

Reaction score
Was looking at these, but look far too expensive. Also, looking on one of the part finders, it’s showing the original reads available at £179 each?? Is this wrong?

Renault aren't great at updating their systems. They are no longer available, and haven't been for some time.

My opinion is that if someone is going for an original car, and that is the only set available, it is a sellers market so he names the price.

Reaction score
£400 the seller is clearly on crack. But not doubt an even bigger crack head will pay it. ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What do we think these are worth? £350? I’ve got cup ones on mine at the moment, less than 2k miles old. Do you think these are worth buying?

Reaction score
What do we think these are worth? £350? I’ve got cup ones on mine at the moment, less than 2k miles old. Do you think these are worth buying?

They’re only worth buying if you value the originality of the car that it MUST wear Trophy rear dampers, and your car lives in a museum.

Somethings only worth what someone will pay. But as said on here previously, I bet 99% of Trophy owners couldn’t do the Pepsi challenge on rear dampers be it Cup dampers or Trophy items.

Remove your £60 Cup items, paint silver, add Sachs stickers. Done.

Reaction score
Thanks mate. You just saved me £350. :)(y)

Whist I appreciate my somewhat cynical previous response. The Trophy front dampers are what actually makes the Trophy drive the way it does, they’re an external reservoir damper with motorsport derived design. They’re expensive and rightfully so.

The rears on the other hand have no such technology or anything more special about them than a regular Cup damper imo. They may have a very very slight difference in rear rebound but you wouldn’t feel it.

Reaction score
Yeah been in touch about Dampers as they don't look brand new he says they are and are a year old. I asked lowest price and payment method to which he says only direct transfer and 350 minimum which is mental money and not a lot of protection if they go missing

Reaction score
Would like original set but mine ain't sitting in the garage and does get used. Probably just get a set of cup dampers and be done.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As I said in my earlier reply £400 is not far off what they originally cost per pair. The second run, black version, were discounted for a while but I think list price was the £179 each posted above. Having said that the seller is being economical with the truth when he says they are a year old as the silver version has not been available for maybe up to ten years!
At £400 i'm quids in as I've got a few but really just use the cup version if you intend to use the car regularly.

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I mean I would pay the 350 if it was actually a year since they were manufactured but how long will a 10 year old damper last even if it has just sat in a garage?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Many still have the originals fitted and they are working fine (though I’m willing to accept there has probably been a drop off in performance)

Reaction score
I'm on originals.

I had a cup packed 182 in the past and put sachs rears on as I had fronts to go on too but didn't get round to it.
I felt the sachs rears where still abit firmer then cup packed. Be it placebo or not..

I think I would go koni adjustables if can't get original sachs in the future.

Reaction score
Many still have the originals fitted and they are working fine (though I’m willing to accept there has probably been a drop off in performance)
Arguably the ones that are used regularly are probably better than ones sat around getting brittle seals

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Apparently they are rebuilt rears? So not new and have been sat around for a while...