Removing interior carpet

Reaction score
Happy new year fellow Trophy lovers!

How do I go about removing the floor carpet of the Trophy please? Damp issues in passenger footwells, I'd like to fully take it up and let dry out. In the mean time carry out some investigation work on where it's leaking from!

What tools are needed also please? Hate doing interior trim incase I break clips etc

Thank you! ?

Reaction score
Have a look at 147 dawn. You can see a pic with seats out near the end of the posts giving you an idea of what trims removed etc. Two piece carpet with seats rails out unfortunately. which is exhaust off to get to the inner seat rail bolts .. and they often shear if rotten. Thankfully if they shear the seat rail still comes out and just needs an eBay replacement.

I would really consider if you can just lift and fold back that corner to dry it out. Get it raised on blocks under the carpet. There’s also some thick sound deadening material. I found some dampness under the sound deadening that wasn’t apparent between the carpet and sound deadening.
Good luck

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I don't think there was much to it once the front seats are out, was a bit of a pain on the ground but I managed to do the 2 inner rail bolts without removing the exhaust from memory. The other side trims, rear side trims and front centre surrounds were all a doddle ?

Reaction score
Agree I removed all of the seats on my drive with axle stands. You need a deep socket 17mm from memory to avoid the exhaust and then you are away.

definitely worth just trying to move the one bit of carpet for dampness before you start taking the whole interior out. Thanks

Reaction score
I had a puddle in my passenger foot well so wet vac’d as much as possible then gave it a good scrub with an old towel, it was bone dry a few days later and hasn’t come back so not sure where it came from.

I’ve swapped the carpet in mine when I got it due to mice taking up residence and was a bit of a pain in the arse, quite a few clips and bits broke but luckily I had a spare Clio
922F7FD9-44F6-4A07-A372-F33C02DA633E.jpeg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The good thing is that the carpet is not glued down. Some people disconnect the battery but i wouldn't bother. The seats are bolted down from underneath four bolts on each seat. Two are behind rubber grommets the other two are under the exhaust heatshield, which you dont have to remove.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, finally found the culprit. The bung had come out of its hole around the rear washer feed under the washer bottle in scuttle area. silly little thing that caused havoc!

Reaction score
Ah I’m glad you’ve said that... I keep getting a wet carpet and I’m also struggling to get my washer motor to seal in the reservoir since replacing it...

Had it out three times now and tried siliconing it but still keeps losing fluid, I never thought it could be leaking into the car....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks guys, finally found the culprit. The bung had come out of its hole around the rear washer feed under the washer bottle in scuttle area. silly little thing that caused havoc!
Now come on, Dawn... I did say that aaaaaaaaaages ago! I even posted pics! :p

(Glad it's sorted though!!!!) (y)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
To be fair Andy, I'm surprised Mick didn't open the door to a fish tank after your T's previous berth.
It was more a wildlife reserve... lots of green shrubs, moss, creatures... but surprisingly dry (somehow!)

Reaction score
Now come on, Dawn... I did say that aaaaaaaaaages ago! I even posted pics! :p

(Glad it's sorted though!!!!) (y)

Bugger did you! Sorry, must have been overwhelmed by all of the possibilities people suggested! My bad, you were right all along! ???

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bugger did you! Sorry, must have been overwhelmed by all of the possibilities people suggested! My bad, you were right all along! ???
Don't be daft - no apology needed! I'm glad you found and fixed the problem, it's a rather nice example you have there!