Red Paint...

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience in restoring the paint work....? Have a trophy in need of some TLC.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have a pink door handle. I've not tackled the restoration yet, but I've heard that products like gtechniq c4 are great at restoring the colour to the red bit on seatbelt buckles, I'm going to give that a go on mine.

As for anything larger (like a door handle!), I don't hold out much hope. I'm keen to hear how you get on.

Reaction score
OP - are you talking about having panels or the whole car resprayed?

Or are you coming at it from a paint correction/detailing perspective?

Reaction score
The paint has faded to the pinky colour so was hoping to find a product that people had used and had success with.

cheers

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Pink = oxidisation of the paint, Red cars are mostly effected due to pigmentation reacting with the infrared rays of the sun.

If the wings are original i.e. have never been painted, then it's possible to restore the colour, through a light compound polish and good sealant. But tread carefully as you can do more damage than good unless you're ok with using MOP's etc.

If they have been painted during their life, post manufacture, then it's likely to be a case of shoddy workmanship and maybe better with a regen through a paintshop.

Either way - make sure you seal the paintwork with a good wax or hydrophobic sealant.

Reaction score
If it was me I’d take it to a professional detailer with a strong reputation. They will know what can be revitalised through their services and what might need to go to a paint shop to be put right. At least then you’ll have a better idea of next steps and things to research for either DIY if you’re that way inclined, or paying someone to do the job.

All the best ?