Rear interior removal

Reaction score
Hi gents.

I'm in the process of adding Dynamat to the speaker bins and need help with removing the rear interior. The seats are out to make things easier but short of the seatbelt bolts I can't figure out how it comes out. I don't want to try brute force as I'd rather not break something.

I've tried the search function and I'm sure there's something on Cliosport but I'm not a member so any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just swapped my interior for a 172's. Once the front and rear seatbelt bolts and speakers are removed it is just a pull and hope job. There are a few clips in the middle of the panel that pull away without too much hassle. There is one clip at the top back corner that needs to be lifted up if I remember correctly and a delicate clip right at the top of the edge in front of the B pillar that can easily break (you should be able to see this by pulling the rubber seal back). There might also be a clip towards the bottom of the B pillar although this is sturdier. I think the whole top edge of the panel sits in a groove just under the window.

I should add I had the rear seats out whilst doing it which probably made it a lot easier. Not too much involved in taking them out.

Reaction score
If your sticking the Dynamat to the inside of any bodywork to stop resonance it helps to warm it and the surface your sticking it too gently with a heat gun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm giving it a go today. It's not on the inside of the bodywork, just on where the speakers are screwed on to. Not perfect I guess but it's doing exactly what I wanted. :)

Reaction score
That turned out easier than expected. Just gave the speaker cover itself a decent yank. The speakers now sound as they should, no resonance and better quality but a set of better speakers or a Cabass(?) unit wouldn't go amiss.

Now to get the idea past the girlfriend!