Rear caliper slider bolts

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Struggling to find these listed anywhere, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Front ones are no issue to find but I'm told the pins in the rear of mine are worn.

To the point the rear brakes can make a bit of a racket if you pulse the pedal when coming to a standstill.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ahh that explains why it wouldn't appear in a search.

Are you positive they're all compatible then? The compatibility check on these don't match but I take it with a pinch of salt.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
There is no sliding bolts on the rear calliper.
You only have the sliding bolts as posted above for the front.

Its possibly Item number 9 you need which holds the pads into place other than that its the mechanism in the rear calliper itself (possibly item number 7) that has the the spring and working parts inside it.

The other reason for the picture is to let you see how the calliper is built up and to show there is no calliper sliding bolts.

Here is a picture of the fronts to show the sliding bolts as in the above link. (Item Number 9)

Front Caliper.png

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I presume the mechanic that told him "pins" just used the wrong wording, and he needs the refurb kit, like he linked from ebay

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No idea why I said 9 there, did mean 4!

He was told they were NLA from Renault hence me looking at options. That being said, £50 excluding VAT is extortionate!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
From what I can see that are still avalible

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 20.41.26.png

Old Part number of 7701201445 is now NLR and superseded over to the 7701201837 number.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 20.43.50.png

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmm strange.

Wouldn't be the first time there's been an odd part discrepancy. The front anti-roll bar brackets were a mini saga for me.

Ended up getting them here- https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/metalcaucho-8538068.html

Cheap shit and neither even matched each other for size, one managed to fit though!

Anyway, think I'll go with the ebay kit and save a packet even if they are available. I refurbed the front calipers using their kits and they were spot on.

As an aside, see the chap on the cliosport forum that said the pins won't be worn, is that not jumping to conclusions a bit given the mechanic has had them out the car?

There's a definitive clunking sound from the rear when braking and it has to be from somewhere! Not difficult to tell if pins like that are worn.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I know regarding the front pins they dont wear as such but the corrode and things.
They need to be smooth and well greased hence they are slider pins.

If there is moisture or water been getting into a split dust seal then they can start to rust and then not move smoothly.

If im 100% honest I have had a problem like this when I first got my car and they was a rotational clucking when breaking and it was coming from the rear.
I put new washers, discs & pads and it still carried on to the point I got the rear calipers fully rebuilt at BIGG RED and also fitted new handbrake cables and it vanished.

Like I say it came and went and it only bizarrely started after having 3 people in the back one night and it was very intermittent and like I say rotational so it I slowed down with braking and the noise would start and slow down also and only happened when applying the brakes.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This sound is a weird one, only notice it at slow speed, just before stopping really.

Definitely to do with the brakes themselves and not rotation though as if I tap the pedal repeatedly at <5mph it will make the sound with every pedal press.

Will get these fitted and take it from there anyhow, cheers for the help.