Rear abs sensor.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Car is going for mot and I now have the traction control, abs and serv lights permanently on. So I figured I'd et the guy to plug it in and repair it befor it's mot. Turns out it is a rear sensor. He's scanned it and it said rear right but when he span both rear wheels there was no put out from either rear sensor. Weird huh. Any way He ordered the sensor required and when it came it wasn't the right one. He rang Renault and they said it's discontinued part.

Does any one have a good link to the correct rear abs sensor for the Trophy???

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
You can buy then new from K-Tec racing.

They have a supplier that can supply the correct ones, Renault no longer make, stock or sell either of the rear ABS sensors and 99% of most aftermarket ones do not fit / work.

Make sure when you ring K-tec you tell them the car needs CUP rear sensors and even better get the old one off, Wipe it down and get the OE mart number from it to give to them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah ok. thanks for the reply. So am I right in assuming that the cup and trophy share the same and they're different to the other 182's like the Full Fat 182s etc

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ordered from k-tec. £76 delivered (ouch) but the guy went and double checked and assured me they've put a lot of time into getting the correct parts and numbers for the Cup and Trophy.

Weirdly wouldn't tell me the part number?! Even after I had paid. Guess I'll find that out when they arrive. Hopefully it fixes the issue because I really dont want to keep throwing money at the car to get these Traction, Serv, and ABS lights off. It scanned up saying rear right. but there was no output from either abs sensor when tested, I can but hope.

I'll try remember to post the part number and the results after fitted.

Reaction score
Seems strange that both sensors go bad. Is it not the wheel angle sensor going nuts by any chance? Have you replaced the steering wheel?

For ABS sensor, I think the TRW GBS2126 is the one for the right side. I never found right P/N for left side though...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Weird you mention this. A guy in work scanned the car and it was coming up with steering angle sensor. Took it to the garage and explained this and that I didnt really want to mess with the steering wheel and air bag. The garage then scanned it and it came up as "rear right abs sensor". Garage looked into it more and tested each sensor by spinning the wheel and didnt get any output on the rear abs sensors but did on the front. Does this sound more like steering angle sensor? will the steering angle sensor knock out both rear abs sensors??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seems strange that both sensors go bad. Is it not the wheel angle sensor going nuts by any chance? Have you replaced the steering wheel?

For ABS sensor, I think the TRW GBS2126 is the one for the right side. I never found right P/N for left side though...

Weird you mention this. A guy in work scanned the car and it was coming up with steering angle sensor. Took it to the garage and explained this and that I didnt really want to mess with the steering wheel and air bag. The garage then scanned it and it came up as "rear right abs sensor". Garage looked into it more and tested each sensor by spinning the wheel and didnt get any output on the rear abs sensors but did on the front. Does this sound more like steering angle sensor? will the steering angle sensor knock out both rear abs sensors??

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the logic is but it could be that a misfunctionnal angle sensor prevents ABS sensor to be used but the signals should still be available. Are your ABS target rings OK, dirty, damaged, tooth missing or cracked? Have you replaced your rear disk with cliosport mk1 rings (different number of teeth?).

Read on RS mark1 manual that you could test with ohmeter for 1.6kohms +/-320 ohms, don't know if it applies to Trophy

Last edited:
Reaction score
The steering angle sensor causes issues with the traction control rather than the abs. You can check by popping off the top cowl and there is a little clear plastic hole with either a colour blue I think or yellow. With the steering wheel and wheels straight and forward the colour should be yellow. If not you need to take the steering wheel off and reset it so the bubble is yellow when wheels tracking straight ahead, then refit the wheel.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The steering angle sensor causes issues with the traction control rather than the abs. You can check by popping off the top cowl and there is a little clear plastic hole with either a colour blue I think or yellow. With the steering wheel and wheels straight and forward the colour should be yellow. If not you need to take the steering wheel off and reset it so the bubble is yellow when wheels tracking straight ahead, then refit the wheel.

I'll pass this on to the garage when I drop the new sensor off. Faults have never been simple with this car haha.... mainly due to parts being hard to find. grrr

Reaction score
If the ABS SERV and TCS is on straight away then it is more likely a wheel speed sensor. The other things that give these faults only kick in after driving a bit or moving the wheels about I think, like the brake pedal sensor or angle sensor.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If the ABS SERV and TCS is on straight away then it is more likely a wheel speed sensor. The other things that give these faults only kick in after driving a bit or moving the wheels about I think, like the brake pedal sensor or angle sensor.

Yeah it was intermittent to start with but now its just a constant ABS, SERV and TCS light. I'll pass on the info about what a serviceable sensor reading should be and hopefully this helps narrow it down. Sensor should be here today fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Have you tried looking down at the brake pedal sensor? Easy to pop out and see and they are only a tenner. The tricky bit is calibrating them :) See what they say first though!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have you tried looking down at the brake pedal sensor? Easy to pop out and see and they are only a tenner. The tricky bit is calibrating them :smile: See what they say first though!

I'll end up replacing that along with the steering angle sensor knowing my luck haha

Reaction score
I always thought one of the differences was the male or female connector on the abs sensor.. and for some reason it got reversed on some models..but I might be wrong on that one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Update. Off side rear from k-tec worked a treat and fixed that issue. Now it's scanning and saying near side rear needs replacing. Typical. So now on the hunt for that part. K-tec don't haven any in stock.

It was also £76 delivered from k-tec