Project 338

Reaction score
Been a while since I've last updated, I still haven't got round to fitting the brembos! However I have done a few little interior bit to tidy the car up:

I've fitted the leather pretensioner covers on the seats as I hated the way it looked with them exposed.

Also today I removed the original gear knob and replaced it with a richbrook slant type fitted to some of the Swiss trophies,

I struggled to locate one to start with but contacted richbrook directly and they still have them, just not listed for sale.

Still an absolute pleasure to own this car even 6 months down the line!

Attachments

• gearstick.jpg
    gearstick.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Still loving the trophy, I've put another 10k on it or there abouts.

Today's I have changed the Nearside driveshaft for a new unit as it had become notchy on full lock...

I noticed the outer ARB bushed need changing while I was doing this so my question is should I go for powerflex or OE?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you're poly bushing, be aware that it's a rocky road. The bushes that may not requiring change at the moment will suffer increased wear as the poly bushes are alot denser than oem. IF you're doing road miles, don't do the black series - you're fillings and passengers won't be liking it lol

Reaction score
I may just got OE then to be fair as new OE should still be an improvement over 90k old bushes

Also just put a brand new set of PS3 on the front as during the driveshaft work I noticed they needing doing too!

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated 338,

Just been looking after the general maintenance of it, a

Today it's had a full service and while I was in there I investigated a problem of the car not getting up to temperature,

I found this to be a failed Thermostat housing gasket, also the source of a small oil leak... This has now been replaced with a genuine Renault part.

I noticed when changing this that someone had previously had a go at fixing it Due to the amount of instant gasket present.

This was all cleaned away and the new gasket was fitted without any instant gasket as per Renault advice. The trophy is once again in great mechanical condition.