Pricing help

Reaction score
evening all.

I think I’m gonna sell my trophy. Have loved owning it, but variety is the spice of life (so they say) and want to have a change. Pricing seems to be all over the shop at the moment What do you think for mine???

Ruff details before I create a full ad

2 previous owners
Full Renault SH
New front discs and pads (brembo and mintex) replace literally about 50 miles ago
Sachs refurbed by cornering force 2012 - no issues to report.
Cambelt and depasher done 2016
Over all excellent condition.

Idea’s what I should price it at???

Thanks.

Ben

Reaction score
Are you after a reasonable price for a quick sale, or a top price with a potentially long wait for the right buyer?

Reaction score
Hi Claude. Not in any rush, so happy to wait a bit

Reaction score
Well a couple of dealer cars are going nowhere on eBay. At £10k/9k respectively with similar mileage.

As is a £7.5k 65k car.

You could try £8k and see if you get any bites but for an actual sale you might have to drop lower.

As you say some comical asking prices about.

Reaction score
As above, you can wait a long long time.

Bit not alot seem to be selling lately.. £6995 - £7250 it would sell anymore and you'll be waiting imo

Reaction score
This trend of cars not selling pretty quickly must have started end of last year maybe?
The steam seems to have really gone out of the Trophy cars for now.

If I remember correctly from last year,cars didn't seem to be hanging around for long,I guess it's just one of those cyclical trends..

It probably comes down to if your in a big rush to sell or not and from what you've said above you don't appear to be.

Reaction score
12 months ago you’d have been pitching it in at £9k ish with that sort of provenance but with the way the focus has gone off these cars I don’t think I would even bother offering it for sale unless you really do want do sell or happy to take low ball bids. That said there aren’t too many “low mileage” oneson sale at the moment so you never know.
I’m sure the interest will come back to them. It’s not just the Trophy but all the Clios seem to have hit the wall.

Reaction score
Cheers all for the replies. I’ll have a think.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Prices are on the increase at the moment - so hold out for as much as you can. £8k min i'd say but there does seem a few up for sale at the moment, even though the numbers have dropped.

Reaction score
Prices are on the increase at the moment - so hold out for as much as you can. £8k min i'd say but there does seem a few up for sale at the moment, even though the numbers have dropped.

Im not sure I understand this one, maybe I’m reading it wrong but I would question that prices are on the up. I think that statement is possibly 6 months to a year out of date. Certainly there are a few up for sale...6 on PH and 9 on EBay which is unprecedented so definitely more than a few for sale. You’ve lost me on the last bit ...”numbers have dropped”, is that the numbers in the advertised price or the numbers for sale ?