Powder coating rear brake calipers

Reaction score
I have a set of brand new rear calipers that I have had stripped down and sent off for powder coating. The powder coating company has advised that they are unable to powder coat due to the following reason:

Due to them being alloy and the fact that the handbrake mechanism not being able to be removed, along with the grease that is used to assemble the caliper they could not be done

Is this correct? I would have thought:
- The entire assembly could be dismantled
- Relevant parts powder coated
- Areas machined / cleaned where powder coating would cause problems i.e. the moving parts of the caliper
- Seals, grease, and dust covers reinstalled
- Caliper reassembled

Surely its as simple as that? And I don't understand the "alloy" part? Powder coating bake temperatures are typically ~200 degrees Celsius, far lower than the melting point of most alloys?

Your thoughts please? I don't particularly want to have hand painted / sprayed calipers, preferably I would like the finish and durability of a powder coating

Cheers,
Rob

Reaction score
Yes they are difficult and time consuming to powdercoat, easy to do just the top caliper brace abc that’s it. I’d guess time and effort would be a pita. Easier to spray paint yourself with some rattle cans from halfords and clear coat on top.