Reaction score
I took my car upto the Evo triangle on friday...some epic roads well worth the trip anyway after a couple of laps I noticed that the brakes had faded abit and the clutch pedal a little lower than normal but I put this down to heat and "spirited driving "
However on the next lap the clutch pedal went to the floor I had a quick look and could see that the cable hadnt snapped at the gearbox end but looked too slack but I had no tools to remove the airbox to get a better look but found a bolt near the fan so I assumed something had come off.
I managed to get to the main roads and found a guy replacing his cam belt
:!: at the road side and borrowed some tools to remove the air box.
I found that the cable mounts onto a bracket held on by the bolt I found but no bracket :shock:
I managed to fit the cable through the mounting point and this got me home some 80 miles only to hear a metalic sound in the road 30 seconds from my house....yep the bloody clutch bracket :!:
I can only assume that the bolt wasnt fully tightened when fitted so it may be worth checking yours.
Its the black part in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_3342.JPG
    IMG_3342.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 154
Reaction score
Trophy No.
sorry to hear about the mishap - looks like you managed to limp home wich is good.

thanks for the heads up on this one - will make sure i check mine!

Cheers

Matthew

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
Sods law isnt it - just about pull up outside your house and it decides to fall out :)

Good job really as I had no idea what I was looking for!! and I bet they arent a stock item at the local dealers