Potential bogus RS192 exhaust sale on FB, buyer beware

Reaction score
A very strange post indeed, the guy suddenly crops up after over 12 months without posting suddenly selling exhausts. Anyone sending him £200 is either getting a bargain or getting duped......only time will tell

A bit of Internet work does show a Mark Yates as director of YB Racing who do supply scorpion exhausts and certainly the address of the company looks like it was flooded on boxing day but then if I can get that info so can anyone else wishing to set up a spoof offer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think a Mark Yates, and his brother, were the original founders of the 106 Rallye forum. Up north somewhere. They went on to run 106parts.com or 106partsdirect.com, something like that. Might not be the same Mark Yates, might be as a Mark Yates has dealt with French tin before.

Reaction score
A bit more explanation on the FB thread has made it a bit more believable, I suppose the only reservations are on what damage water may have done and they don't come with a fitting kit, whatever that consists of

Reaction score
this has caught my eye on the fb page and i am in the market for an upgrade to my standard exhuast system......

it does seem to good to be true and if your saying that to yourself it usually is.

i messaged him and there is a bit of a nonchalant attitude - the pics he provided are poor and the fact your not dealing with the owner makes it seem less legit.

i am sure its all above board and as ashton said the connection is there but any old body can get that too.

why wouldnt he post on here?????

i am really in two minds - i am sure by the time i make my mind up there gone and ill kick myself.

ashton - car looks awesome on the FB page BTW

Reaction score
this has caught my eye on the fb page and i am in the market for an upgrade to my standard exhuast system......

it does seem to good to be true and if your saying that to yourself it usually is.

i messaged him and there is a bit of a nonchalant attitude - the pics he provided are poor and the fact your not dealing with the owner makes it seem less legit.

i am sure its all above board and as ashton said the connection is there but any old body can get that too.

why wouldnt he post on here?????

i am really in two minds - i am sure by the time i make my mind up there gone and ill kick myself.

ashton - car looks awesome on the FB page BTW

thanks for the compliment on the car.

The considerations for buying one from him to me are, firstly is he legit, once over that hurdle the next is you are buying something with absolutely no warranty, then how long have they been sitting in water although given the nature of the liquids passing through an exhaust a bit of water and sewage in the exhaust is hardly likely to be harmful. The last thing is the lack of fitting kit, I don't know what it costs or what it consists of but you don't get one, I'm guessing it's the various clamps and hangers which will no doubt be available from a decent exhaust centre.

My gut feeling is that the deal is genuine it's just whether the price difference is proportionate to the disadvantages.

Reaction score
Do we know if this is now 100% legit as I quite fancy one but don't famcy being stung.
Cheers.

Reaction score
i think as Ashton says its legit just all the other stuff that comes with not buying full price is it worth it?

i know regarding fitting kit that can be expensive - for the standard exhuast i just replaced all mounts...... 80 quid.

so i would suggest asking what fitting kit is used and how much? it could end up being not the best of deals.......

Reaction score
I've sent the guy a message to find out what the story is with the fitting kit. I can't understand why it wouldn't be with it. I'm guessing it will be a couple of the stainless band clamps and probably some other mounting bracket arrangement.

Just reading up on the 192 system in general it doesn't come with glowing reviews from a fitting perspective. Lots of complaints about poor fit to the cat, leaking and whistling at the joint with owners taking their cars back for adjustment etc. I've found out in the past that a poor fitting exhaust becomes a pain and never really fits.

Ive got a janspeed system on mine which fits well and sounds nice. I did think about one of these but I think having read reviews the balance has tipped away from them

Reaction score
I appreciate the OP's concern but it's a bit OTT, isn't it? Just pay via PayPal and you're covered, or is it not as simple as that?

Too good to be true? Not in my eyes - it comes with no warranty and is potentially water-damaged, but the price has been reduced to reflect that.

Worth a punt if you go in with your eyes open and accept the risks.

Reaction score
I have confirmed legit and went for it. I had to be sure as whilst PayPal does cover you it is often hard to actually get any money back once spent and whilst a bargain £200 is a lot to lose for a while plus hassle reclaiming. If anyone is interested there are 3 left according to the seller.

Reaction score
I asked about a fitting kit and was told it comes with the kit to join both boxes. I'd imagine you'd need to buy whatever it requires to fit to the cat. Having never fitted one I don't know how it fits the cat.

did anyone query the fitting ? as it doesnt come with fitting kit?

Reaction score
Supposedly a photo of one of the water damaged exhausts
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 38