Petrolified.com Trophy Artwork - Anyone Interested?

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I recently bought artwork from Petrolified (http://www.petrolified.com) which produces prints of "iconic vehicles" which are sold through various enthusiast forums. Given the Trophy's clear icon status, I contacted the owner, Martin Miškolci, and asked whether he'd be willing to create a Trophy print to add to his current selection of prints of assorted supercars.

Martin does do bespoke commissions, but the one-off price is understandably far in excess of his price for his "standard" or "bespoked to vehicle colour/specification" pieces (e.g. Cayman GT4). In short, if we can get together around 20 takers for a Trophy print, then Martin is likely to be able to produce one at around his normal price per unit. That the Trophy is only in Capsicum Red may be to our advantage here.

Is anyone interested please? Please could you indicate by posting on this thread, and if we get sufficient numbers then I'll have a go at negotiating a decent deal with Martin, and we'll elevate the humble Trophy to his pantheon of supercars.

For information, I have no connection with this business in any way - I'd just quite like another Trophy picture for my study wall, and I cant afford a bespoke piece on my own!

Thanks

Reaction score
I recently bought artwork from Petrolified (http://www.petrolified.com) which produces prints of "iconic vehicles" which are sold through various enthusiast forums. Given the Trophy's clear icon status, I contacted the owner, Martin Miškolci, and asked whether he'd be willing to create a Trophy print to add to his current selection of prints of assorted supercars.

Martin does do bespoke commissions, but the one-off price is understandably far in excess of his price for his "standard" or "bespoked to vehicle colour/specification" pieces (e.g. Cayman GT4). In short, if we can get together around 20 takers for a Trophy print, then Martin is likely to be able to produce one at around his normal price per unit. That the Trophy is only in Capsicum Red may be to our advantage here.

Is anyone interested please? Please could you indicate by posting on this thread, and if we get sufficient numbers then I'll have a go at negotiating a decent deal with Martin, and we'll elevate the humble Trophy to his pantheon of supercars.

For information, I have no connection with this business in any way - I'd just quite like another Trophy picture for my study wall, and I cant afford a bespoke piece on my own!

Thanks

I take it the cost would be Euro 25 or GBP equivalent. If so I'm in.

Reaction score
Would be interested, if you can get a good price and find out what size the print would be :D

do you have a pic you can upload of yours?

1. Mikeyjp

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Thanks

OK, so far we have
1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR

Any more interest then please add to this list.
The prints are 50cm by 40cm and look good in an Ikea Stromby frame which costs around £6.50.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
MMMM. Could be interested in one of these...
Look quite tastefull....

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Are you able to give a ball park price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I spoke with Martin at Petrolified he explained that he really needs to raise around €500 in total from the production of a bespoke print (this is the sort of fee that would be involved for a one-off bespoked to colour/specification image for a collector). He indicated that if there's sufficient numbers to cover that sort of cost in total across the orders then he's willing to negotiate a decent price. So, I had in mind that to get to the €25 standard price that he charges for the existing prints we'd need to get very close to 20 forum members on board.

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
OK, so far we have
1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR

Any more interest then please add to this list.
The prints are 50cm by 40cm and look good in an Ikea Stromby frame which costs around £6.50.

1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR
6. Miller
Maybe....
7. pj_sibley
8. Big Dave

Reaction score
1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR
6. Miller
Maybe....
7. pj_sibley
8. Big Dave
9. Swanny71

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR
6. Miller
Maybe....
7. pj_sibley
8. Big Dave
9. Swanny71
10. Gazza

Reaction score
1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR
6. Miller
Maybe....
7. pj_sibley
8. Big Dave
9. Swanny71
10. Gazza
11. Richard Walsh (simonsays74)

Reaction score
1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR
6. Miller
Maybe....
7. pj_sibley
8. Big Dave
9. Swanny71
10. Gazza
12. Rilla

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So we have...

1. SMJ
2, Mark
3. Mikeyjp
4. TonkaTruck
5. MarcR
6. Miller
7. pj_sibley
8. Big Dave
9. Swanny71
10. Gazza
12. Rilla
13. Davooo

I exchanged emails with Martin at Petrolified this morning and the good news is that on the basis of the level of interest so far he's willing to add the Trophy to his worklist of planned bespoke prints. I'll need to confirm pricing and timing. Any more members please keep adding to the list as a larger number may influence these favourably.