Parts info please

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hello Trophy Folk,

I'm currently starting a 3/4K renovation of #402, but stumbled on few bits. Who do you use to recondition the front shock absorbers please? Struggling with a couple of 'no longer available' parts via Renault. Looking for genuine ride height rear springs? And the front splitter? Would really appreciate your help, thanks 🙂

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome along.
Lots of information and tips on here.
BG Motorsport currently have my Sachs but there are other companies that can carry out a refurb.
Regarding the rear springs you are faced with aftermarket ones as with the front splitter.
You can fit OEM 182 cup springs and K-tec do a rather nice carbon splitter.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks very much for your help, I'll speak to BG tomorrow regarding the shocks. I ordered a sports cat today from k-tec, I didn't think to ask them. Is there only carbon ones available? I'll sort the cup springs too, at the moment it has the ride height rake of a Red Bull? Thanks again 🙂

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Update: been on K-Tec's website, they do a plain black fibreglass splitter too 🙂

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi mate, I did a year long resto of 189 after it was left at a friend's bodyshop for 2 and a half years and came out a little worse for wear. The page below but let me know if you need any help. I did some of the work on a budget, and used Cookesport for the shocks, decent price and turnaround 👍

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for your help too Bearne, I'm getting there with......its the small trims that take the most time!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Me again, any ideas on the supply of the headlamp washer blanking trims please? Got the dreaded NLA from Renault

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Me again, any ideas on the supply of the headlamp washer blanking trims please? Got the dreaded NLA from Renault

You'd be very lucky to find the OEM ones anywhere, I tried looking earlier in the year and couldn't find any for sale.
These are some other options.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
BTT do the best looking / Fitting ones as above.

Unless you can get them second hand from a trophy you are then looking at trying to get blue ones from a 172 CUP

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It is possible to repair and refinish the standard splitter. Don't discard the old one even if it's in pieces....as long as you have all the bits.
Similarly, 'plastic refinish' aerosols can make pattern washer blanks and repaired splitters look original ... with the slightly textured surface. Straightforward and not expensive.

Attachments

• 20210824_195909.jpg
    20210824_195909.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10