Part 2 - Eibach Trophy Front Springs - 15 sets.

Reaction score
Final call..............

At last count there are only three sets of brand new springs left. This group buy won’t be happening again. So grab them while you can....

Reaction score
I'll take a set please Gareth, I don't need them anytime soon but experience tells me you have to by these things when they are available. Thanks for sorting this . Payment sent

Reaction score
Everyone....there is only one set left now.

Once it’s gone that will be it...so be quick

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
About to fit mine, feel a bit naked without a spare set - so if this happens again, I'm in for some.

Also, does anyone know the spec of the plastic tubing that covers the springs?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
About to fit mine, feel a bit naked without a spare set - so if this happens again, I'm in for some.

Also, does anyone know the spec of the plastic tubing that covers the springs?

Just ordered some off ebay as fitted some the last time I refreshed the suspension, 12.5mm internal diameter, airline oil to guide, and minimum of 1M....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
From a previous post it's 1m for both but 2m if you don't want to scrimp. I've just grabbed the airline oil from Toolststion so should be a breeze ?

Reactions: Cue
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Forgot to mention I missed this post and the group buy but having the original springs powder coating. Wondering if anyone has had theirs done and whether it was worthwhile?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Given the state of UK roads for the most part, I'd say having them powder coated is a waste of time as they are already painted...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure its worth it - as they are items which will need replacing every 30-40k or so miles.

You can really see them aesthetically so there's not much benefit and in terms of longevity, I'm not sure powder coating them will add much either...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure its worth it - as they are items which will need replacing every 30-40k or so miles.

You can really see them aesthetically so there's not much benefit and in terms of longevity, I'm not sure powder coating them will add much either...

My springs have covered 146k and from what I've been told they look perfectly fine. I do have a 'mint' set I don't really want to touch and for £35 the pair I thought the powder coating option was the best option.

Will report back when then are done.

Attachments

• 20200714_211409.jpg
    20200714_211409.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: MC1

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have the Mark fish springs on my car, and when i did the suspension refresh a few years ago i had them powder coated then fitted the plastic sleeving. Not been underneath it for a bit so i cant say how well the coating is holding out.