Reaction score
Big thanks to Opie Oils for my Silkolene oil, arrived 1 day after order. :D

I'de Recommend them to all on the Forum :!:

Reaction score
Did you go for the 5W 40 Pro S? I'm coming up to 6000 miles and am going to do an oil change myself. I've been looking at various oil sites to see the pros and cons of different weights etc, probably going to go for the Silkolene or the Motul, does anyone know what Castrol Edge is like? They do a crazy one, 10W 60 I think, must be loaded with polymers to resist thinning that much! The VI is pretty high, as is the flash point, Mobil 1 looks good too.

Reaction score
Yes, I've gone for the Silkolene S 5w40.

I'm not really one for knowing about Oils and other fluids for the car but this stuff looks the biz. I was unsure about changing the oil from the Elf elexium stuff as recommended by renault in the manual but the Silkolene seems to me a better oil.

Reaction score
I changed my oil yesterday and went for the Motul 300v 5w40. The speedy service from Opie coupled with the excellent, 'How to change your oil' guide on this site, made the process very quick, easy and enjoyable.

Having read up about the oil I know that I can expect better mpg, but what other things will I notice in my day to day driving? I seem to think the revving was smoother and the idle quieter but i could just be imagining it.

Reaction score
Deano said:
I changed my oil yesterday and went for the Motul 300v 5w40. The speedy service from Opie coupled with the excellent, 'How to change your oil' guide on this site, made the process very quick, easy and enjoyable.

Having read up about the oil I know that I can expect better mpg, but what other things will I notice in my day to day driving? I seem to think the revving was smoother and the idle quieter but i could just be imagining it.

I noticed the same when I switched to Motul 300v Power.

Reaction score
Deano said:

I noticed the same when I switched to Motul 300v Power.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I ordered the Silkolene - not changed the oil yet though, I'd certainly recommen Opie Oils. Seedy service and you deal with people that know something.

Reaction score
Yes, from what I've heard they're very good, I will be getting my oil through them, probably going to go for the Silkolene Pro S 5W 40. There are higher grade oils (for competition use etc.) but I think this one will be more than adequate for enthusiastic driving and the odd track day. Interestingly, It seems that lots of short journeys (<5 miles) are more damaging to an engine, in terms of what an oil can prevent, than prolonged high revs and temperature as with competition driving, so the ability of an oil to protect a cold engine as immediately as possible is just as important as high temperature/pressure stability in a road car.